Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Can I rent a field?
  • radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

As there’s no glasto on this year, some friends and I want to throw a party in a field to celebrate a 30th.

There’d probably be about 30 people, over a weekend (Friday and Saturday night probably). We’d be camping but ideally there’d be a camping barn or some facilities there (water/sanitation). Also we’d probably be a bit noisy so it’d be out of the way of other people trying to have a nice time!

We’ve seen this which looks great but is a little far north for people expected to come from London. We were thinking Peak District area as a lot are from Sheffield.

Do you have a field we can borrow?

wwaswas

If there’s going to be any amplified music then I’d check the law and licence issues. Most ‘parties in fields’ are classified as raves and somewhat frowned upon bt the authorities, especially if word spreads and you end up with more people than expected.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

I’m hoping there will be! Okay cheers, will do

Cougar

I can’t see why you’d get a lot more people than you invited, it’s not like you’ve advertised a free rave on a public Internet forum or anything.

Oh.

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve rented a Scout Camp and a National Trust Base Camp in the past to stage an event. Big field, kitchens, bogs, showers, bunk barn etc.

Find one that is in the middle of nowhere and give them a call.

peterfile
    Free Member

+1 re wwaswas’s comment.

Finding a suitable field will be the easy bit. Holding the party legally/not having it shut down will be the tricky part. The more “organised” it is, the bigger a battle you will have on your hands in terms of red tape and premeptive compaints from locals.

A lot of my friends run club nights and have tried on many occasions to organise outdoor type day/night events (on all scales). They always end up failing, save for the large, super well organised events like Cocoon in the Park etc.

Best idea IMO would be a barn. About 20 of us head out to North Yorkshire every year for a 2 day pissup in a barn type set up. We always pick one that is sufficiently isolated and have never had any problems. Plus you have proper sanitation, electicity and decent shelter if the weather is grim (e.g. think of a wet and wild weekend in tents – not particularly sociable!).

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

I’m not telling you when Cougar!

HtS, sounds good, cheers

midlifecrashes

Email me, I may have just what you’re after. Near Brodsworth Hall. Water, fire pit, chemical sanitation, parking, private, big hut for cooking, hanging out, camping field, not many neighbours. Could depend on how noisy you’re planning to be, but if you could do the main noisy stuff in the hut, that should be OK. Can maybe sort you some big tents too.

maccruiskeen

We used to phone nice rural pubs that served good beer and food and ask them if could organise something for us in a neighbouring field. Surprising success rate for publicans either owning the field themselves or being very friendly with the farmer. We only had one minor miss-fire in 10 consecutive years of doing this- the field we had booked had cattle in it but the publican told us not to worry as he was going to fence off a section. We thought the cows were being fenced in – but it was us 😀 . So we had half a dozen tents in the middle of the field, surrounded by a small barbed wire compound, surrounded by a sea of cows who thought we were the most fascinating thing they’d ever seen. We had to push our way through them to get to the pub.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Ha ha! MLC, I’ve emailed you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Can I rent a field?’ is closed to new replies.