Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Campsite near Keswick?
  • FOG

Anyone got a recommendation for a campsite nr Keswick? I am going up in a couple of weeks and have just found out it's the Mountain Festival weekend so I suppose it will be heaving!

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Braithwaite is a nice campsite just out of keswick and handy for whinlatter etc.

I dont think the mountain festival brings such a big number with it. Keswick is certainly not heaving any more than normal for the last 2 years when its been on

qwerty
    Free Member

Cat Bells camping barn is a shortish pedal away

Terra

Keswick centre

This one is right in the centre of town. However, if they don't like the look of you they'll try and tell you it's members only – which isn't true.

In the days when I used this site regularly it was managed by geriatric caravanners who dressed in various shades of beige and regarded anyone under 60/not wearing beige with deep distrust.

Gary_M
    Free Member

The camping and caravan club site which is in keswick town centre. Great site although the toilets could do with a refurb. two minutes walk into town.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh Terra the staff at the site can be a bit miserable.

chalkstorm
    Free Member

Linky

Stopped here for a week in Feb – great site and a few mins walk from the town centre… right on the shore of Derwent Water… with views of Catbells….

Android
    Free Member

Brathwaite is nice, but DO be careful, I had three bikes stolen from the back garden in the centre of Braithwaite, they were locked together (along with my bike rack)using a Kryptonite cable and D lock, they just bolt cropped it and took the lot (except the bike rack) and D lock.
    Its just a mile from Winlatter trails which looks good, though by the time I got there, I didn't have any bikes to use on it! They took some bikes from the campsite. Police reconed it was a van of professionals passing through, aparently there is very little crime there, but be careful, just in case, I thought I was.

Mikey65
    Free Member

Scotgate camping/ caravan park in Braithwaite

http://www.scotgateholidaypark.co.uk/

Kit
    Free Member

I stayed here for 3 or 4 nights a few years ago:

Welcome

Nothing flash, cheap, nice views, clean, hot showers (but not free).

View from the tent:

You can ride from the campsite (cheekily) down to Derwent for the Borrowdale Bash, although the ride back up is a pig 🙁

Only criticism is that its a bit exposed so if its windy you'll notice it 😉

AndyRT
    Free Member

Castlerigg hall farm. Has a cafe for brekkie, a pub, and a nice walk down to Keswick. Greta views down onto Derwent water, but never likely to get wet tent …aka CC site on the shore.

Also bike friendly, with access to boiler room to dry wet clobber

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Don't bother with lanefoot farm (i think that's it's name), their site facilities are a bit too basic.

Supertackysteve
    Free Member

+1 for castlerigg hall farm – great for singles to families- ace wet weather reading and board games room + kitchen with cookers and microwaves 50p a time free kettle and toaster use. pub next door does ace food and his wife is veggie and even makes veggie style chinese duck pancakes and some goood beers. we've been lots –

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Campsite near Keswick?’ is closed to new replies.