Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Camping sites in Bourg St Maurice
  • drew

I'm heading for the Alps in late june and for the first week will be based in the Les arcs area. Not sure which campsite to stay at in Bourg St Maurice. Anybody stayed at one of the following;

Le Versoyen, Camping Caravaneige La Foret or Le Reclus.

Cheers.

drew

Anyone?

joolsburger
    Free Member

There is a lovely campsite in the Valley at Peisey Nancroix but it would mean a short drive up to Vallandry and get the lift from there. Don't know about Borg but there looked to be a nice one down at the river by the extreme white water centre, I don't know the name of it though.

drew

Thanks for the suggestions joolsburger. Ideally we'd like to avoid driving to the lifts if we can. I think I've spotted the white water centre on google earth but have not come across a camp site mentioned next to it during my google searches. Le Versoyen is fairly close to the river but this is further along the I think.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I know that area really well. If you stay in Borg you'll be getting the finicular railway up to Arc 1600 everyday and there are no campsites I can think of that closeby. Staying in Borg is good as it's obviously a nice little town and your last run of the day will be fantastic as there is a nice little run under the railway back to the town from 1600. Also the DH course is in Arc 1600.

I think I'd stay in Vallandry if I were camping, it's higher up the mountain and close to the fast lift up to Arc 2000 and the high runs down, there are a couple of decent bars and restaurants too but nightlife is pretty thin on the ground really. Might be worthh contacting the tourist centre at Vallandry and see what they have camping wise.

The campsite I know is near Landry on the river there looks nice but a long way from the Fernicular I think it's this one http://www.camping-eden.net/pres01_uk.htm

stevomcd
    Free Member

Le Versoyen is good and is about a 2-minute ride from the funicular, definitely the best location for access to the lifts and the town.

There is another site up the road a bit in Seez, which would also be a pretty easy ride down to the funi (maybe 5 minutes).

I can't think of a campsite near the white-water canoe slalom centre but maybe I'm just having selective memory issues.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Well my mistake I didn't know about Le Versoyen.

phil.w
    Free Member

Hi Drew,

I've not actually stayed in any of the campsites you mentioned so can't comment on the facilities offered but used to live in Vallandry so i know the area well.

Le Versoyen is in the middle of Bourg so for access to the funicular deffinetly the best option. The other two you mentioned are further out, Le Reclus is a good 10+ minute ride away. (EDIT – uphill at the end of the day. Shorter in the morning)

Camping Eden is in Landry – about a 20 minute ride to the funicular – but a nice location by the river.

I would also suggest the Nancroix camping, you can ride to it off the mountain at the end of the day. And down the road (5 minute roll) to Peisey lobsterpots to get to Vallandry lifts at the start of the day. And its by far the most stunning location.

Doug
    Free Member

I'd wait until the first week of July to go to Les Arcs as the lifts won't be open in June.

Nancroix – Stunning location but not as practical as the others.

Llandry – Nice and peaceful with a short ride up the valley to the funicular in BSM every morning.

Le Versoyen – Definitely the most practical site with bars/shops/supermarket/amenities all close by plus you can ride well into the evening using the funicular and free bus without worrying about a long climb home at the end of the day. We stopped in BSM last time and only used the car once all week for a trip up to Col de L'Iseran.

joolsburger
    Free Member

One thing you have to do is go to a restaurant called L'ancolie in Peisey Nancrioix. Seriously if you like really, really good food it's unbeatable.

I'm salavating just typing the name.

0033 4 7907 9320 you need to book for an evening it's always busy even in Summer and it's only small.

That campsite in Nancroix is in a beautiful spot at the bottom of the Bellecote forgot about that place.

CheesybeanZ

not camping , but i can recommend Trail Addiction , based in bourg st maurice , great guys , know the trails like the back of thier hands , stuff you wont find on your own , the food at the goat shed was briliant . cofy bed , hot showers ,great food and proper guiding .

coffeeking
    Free Member

I've stayed in the one in (just north of) Seez, it was pretty nice, fresh bread deliveries each morning, nice plots etc. Taht was a few years ago though, but it was close enough to ride from with no thought.

http://tinyurl.com/3xo3jqt

ianpinder
    Free Member

When I stayed with TA they were not based in BSM. Have they moved?

drew

Thanks for all the info everybody. Any more would be welcome. I've not been replying to anything as I'm on nights and have been asleep! I'll start sifting through stuff and weigh up the pros and cons.

leeson
    Free Member

You want to be near the "lobster pots" in Peisy vallandry. Or near the Fenicular at Bourg st Maurice.

drew

Lift opening times look to be a rather large spanner in the works. I thought I'd checked this out but obviously not. Maybe we need to be looing at a different area for the first week which would be a shame as the camp site info is really useful and I was looking forward to the biking in this area. The funicular and lift system set up looks excellent too.

neilforrow

drew, ygm.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Camping sites in Bourg St Maurice’ is closed to new replies.