Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • camera for work Commute ( not gopro )
  • jacob46
    Free Member

Just got me money back from Argos for my silver gopro hero4. Too heavy on helmet and I purchased the best memory card on the market 95Mbs write speed and still left multiple files on memory after a 33min commute.
    So I would like a light weight camera with a decent battery life? Is there one?

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Mobius camera – size of a match box, waterproof case

Review techmoan.com (great site)

Buy from joovuu.com (replaced mine no fuss when it went faulty. Been good since) £65

Can be set to record in 5min sections, once card is full it starts again. So you switch on and go.

jacob46
    Free Member

Nice one hopk1ns

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    STATO
    Free Member

I purchased the best memory card on the market 95Mbs write speed and still left multiple files on memory after a 33min commute.

Isnt that part of the set-up, i.e. Loop filming creates 4 clips which it overwrites in sequence.

MadBillMcMad

video on technomain makes it look like an excellent camera – thx Hopk1ns

DezB
    Free Member

This is what I use when I go around looking for trouble commute.
    http://r.ebay.com/acQVWz

jacob46
    Free Member

Thanks dezb

I would prefer a better battery life but still looks the bizz for the money.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve had over 2hrs out of the battery (work + back) when it was new.
    The bar mount is a bit of a lump, so I use one of those velcro ‘lockblock’ type things. http://r.ebay.com/baksns

project
    Free Member

ion pro wifi i use also a Rollei one

jacob46
    Free Member

I’m waiting for a contour user to give me his thoughts

jacob46
    Free Member

I still can’t find the perfect commuting camera!!
    They are either poor in battery life or low light performance is rubbish.

I’ll keep looking.

jam-bo

Why do you need one?

STATO
    Free Member

I had a contour roam before I got the gopro. The on/record switch is good, but as an older model it didn’t have wifi or a commuting (loop) mode, can’t comment on newer models. As a commute cam I’d want ability to quickly change settings/wipe files, which I couldn’t do with the basic contour either on the device or by app (as it didn’t have wifi).

jacob46
    Free Member

Jam bo, too many near misses and at 05:15 one Saturday morning going to work for a bit of overtime, a car with 2 youngish guys came along side me and they thought it would be funny to grab my arm. They had turned there lights off but I managed to get only part of there number plate. I was that angry if Ide of had a gun strapped to the bike I would of probably used it. So if Ide of had a camera on my helmet those 2 guys would of had a visit from the police. Ide like to think so anyway.

100mphplus
    Free Member

Check out the ten80 hedcam from here.
    http://www.hedcamz.com/product-category/cameras/hedcam-cameras/

Really small unit and can be set to loop record, so you don’t have to worry about the card filling up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘camera for work Commute ( not gopro )’ is closed to new replies.