Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Calling all clitheroe riders!!
  • lukehale
    Free Member

Guys, I’m looking for a good place to ride in the clitheore area other than Gisburn trail centre. Any suggestions?

Cheers!

fingerbang
    Free Member

hi, look for the only bridleways in Forest of bowland, near dunsop bridge, dunsop fell, chipping etc.

or look on strava for longridge fell tracks. Blackburn and district mountain bikers do rides round whalley, sabden etc.

if you want a guide I can show you my local tracks round Waddington just give me a PM

whitestone
    Free Member

You don’t mention if you drive but The Dales is hardly any further than Gisburn. Calderdale isn’t far either though you might be better starting routes at Todmorden than Hebden Bridge.

kirky72
    Free Member

If you can make Gisburn kind of distance then head for Clapham or Settle, lots of loops you can do from there. The MBR Clapham ride is pretty good but make sure you do it clockwise.

whitestone
    Free Member

Have you seen this http://www.pedalnorth.com/content/lancashire-mtb-routes ? Can’t comment on the quality or otherwise of the routes – only done Salter Road and the MT loop.

BenjiM

Longridge Fell and Clapham / Settle Loops. Longridge Fell is nearest and there are routes around Chipping and up the Trough of Bowland / Ouster Rake and around Dunsop Bridge as well as on Grindleton and Waddington Fell. I might be out 1 night this week (Wednesday or Thursday will have to check the diary) to show you a reasonable route if you want. The problem with the Trough area is there isn’t a huge amount of access sadly. For all day rides heading to the Dales is definitely the closest bet (30 minutes to Settle for example).

fingerbang
    Free Member

sorry for hijacking this thread but while we’re on the subject; I could do with some riding buddies in my neck of the woods (clitheroe) so please give me a shout if you fancy a local ride or two

geedevinci@gmail.com

🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Calling all clitheroe riders!!’ is closed to new replies.