Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Call of duty or Battlefield
  • JonBoy
    Free Member

Im currently COD but thinking of defecting to the other side. The new one is poo

sofatester
    Free Member

This is my safety

Also, read some of the posts below that make our little community seem quite normal. You’ve got to love geeks!

Duffer
    Free Member

Stop messing about with all this rubbish, and get Team Fortress 2.

And if you game on the PC (which you should) then it’s free on Steam!

Thread Closed 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gribs

For single player COD wins by a mile as BF3 is truely awful. Multiplayer then BF3 is much better but I still prefer BFBC2. (pc btw)

chomp
    Free Member

having had CoD since it’s release I’ve finally come to terms with the fact that I **** hate it unless I’m in a team with a bunch of mates (which is not that frequent).

Looking back at previous iterations this hasn’t changed. I played CoD until the novelty wore off and my mates were on less frequently I switched to BFBC2 and loved it even when I was playing MP on my own.

I’m trading in CoD this week for BFBC2 if I get chance to get to either Game or CEX (if you want to buy my copy email is in profile, you can have it for £30 PayPal gift)

Klunk
    Free Member

battlefield online was always utter rubbish, long queue of muppets waiting to get an aircraft leaving the 2 remaining members of their team to fight off the 36 players of the other team.

BoardinBob

Loved the first Battlefield. Less impressed with the 2nd one though the Vietnam stuff was excellent. Only played the beta of the 3rd and hated it so I went for MW3 instead which I’m thoroughly enjoying. Kill confirmed is superb.

Lifer
    Free Member

Currently enjoying ‘Drop Zone’ with a few of my mates on COD, we’ve played nothing but since the new modes came out.

cb

I’d be interested in buying a PS3 version of MW3 if any of you hate it that much…sensible price mind, under thirty new now.

What is drop zone btw?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

BF3 jets and helicopters aren’t as overpowered as they were on BF2, not seen as much queuing for them as there was on older versions. I enjoy fixing tanks, reviving dead guys and dropping ammo crates. Rocket launchers seem a bit overpowered tbh. If you are lucky enough to find a squad who actually cooperate it is great fun. Maps seem a bit empty on the console, would be so much better with 64 players like on PC.

Not played CODMW3 but was heartily sick of the previous versions.

Downloaded TF2 for the PC but have not played it yet as i will be a total noob and will get pwned.

I’m StiffeeFR on PS3 if anyone wants to add me.

bruders338
    Free Member

Hi I have alway been a COD guy could never say a bad word against it.. Until battle field came out I love it. I just like the freedom of the maps (more space) can sneak up on people more instead of a big made rush shoot everything and anything like some crazed mad person. I still brought cod for the ps3 and only played it 3 times hate it now…

Going to sell it if anyone interested

bellys
    Free Member

Cod is full of kids running round with shot guns bf3 is a lot better. IMO

trailmoggy
    Free Member

COD for me

GW
    Free Member

bellys – Member

Cod is full of kids running round with shot guns bf3 is a lot better. IMO ..and STW is full of over-biked old blokes mincing round piss easy trails! s’pose you think that’s better too?
    seems a bit ageist to me! 🙄 😉

I do quite like MW3 but it’s not a whole lot different from the last 2 (or should that be 3?) I only bought MW & MW2 after I’d bought Black Ops (and still haven’t even completed MWs campaign or prestige’d on any of them online so am still a bit of a noob really, the MW series are all good to just pick up and play online without too much new to learn but you have to be sooo awake to decently well (against all those er… kids?)
    BF3 sounds far too complicated for me.
    Why are you limiting yourself to just those two games? PS3/X-box is rammed full of good FPS games to choose from.
    Got RAGE given to me for christmas, just started playing it but so far I’m finding the campaign pretty enjoyable in a more laid back no-brainer way, well.. as laid back as you can be armed dune buggys through an apocalypse full of bandits and running round derelict buildings shooting mutants!

cheez0
    Free Member

I play hardcore TDM CODMW3 PC, where the one shot/kill thing kinda evens up the single/ semi weapons against the spray kids and campernoobs.

Got some m8s who play BF3, but like has already been said, can’t be doing with all the **** who drive round in jeeps with you as a passenger, only to drive the thing to suicide.

Oh, by the way, thats PC, not gheystation or eggsbogs, less kiddies.

orange
    Free Member

BF3 is great, vowed not to go near COD again after Black Ops crap

only play the on line multiplayer games though

only thing that annoys me on BF3 is when some muppet drives off with your vehicle when you are using the gun emplacement to pin down the enemy – and then drives it right over a mine aarrghhhh!

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Brudders338 – what COD is it? If it’s COD MW3, i’m interested at a sensible price! I’m a PS3 user. Email in profile.

Cheers!

emsz
    Free Member

COD for me. I know MW3 wasn’t the huge remake that was being talked about, but if it’s not broke…

Haven’t played Battlefield.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Bought both, but was really disappointed with MW3, and haven’t really played it much. I got BF BC with the PS3 when I bought it, but hadn’t really played online until just before the release of BF3 – have really enjoyed the more thoughtful approach to playing that you get with BF3, although if you get stuck with a squad who don’t co-operate, it’s very difficult to try and make a game of it against a more competent team.

meehaja
    Free Member

battlefield 3 Xbox 360,, names meehaja. I’m rubbish.

Haze

BF3

Haven’t played CoD since World at War, sounds as though it hasn’t moved on much/got worse.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I was deeply unimpressed by Battlefield 3. COD MW3 is miles better IMHO.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’ve always preferred CoD previously but for multiplayer BF3 is way better than CoD:MW3, unless you want a game that pretty much comes down to reaction time (and your own latency). Admittedly though I only bothered with it for a few hours and I’ve since got bored of BF3 as well :p

Lifer
    Free Member

cb – Member
    What is drop zone btw?

Zones appear on the map and have to be occupied. Each player gets 20pts every second you’re in the zone.

No kill streaks enabled, every 15 seconds you’re in the zone you get a package which is the only air support available.

Every minute the zone moves.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

to be honest COD went crap after World a war, the WAW single player was fantastic.

ive given both the new ones a miss as got sick of FPS, ended up getting uncharted 3 for xmas, amazing game!

a sort of tomb raider crossed with syphon filter (if that makes sense)

bruders338
    Free Member

Santacruzsi I sent you an email mate

Duffer
    Free Member

Downloaded TF2 for the PC but have not played it yet as i will be a total noob and will get pwned.

Don’t worry about it – in TF2, no-one cares about kill/death ratios or killstreaks etc. It’s just a proper laugh!

My advice is to start off as the Medic. Find yourself a Heavy team-mate, and stand behind them at all times. This way, you’ll be an asset to your team (everyone loves a good medic) whilst at the same time you’ll be learning the maps and observing how the games play out!

If you get into it, be prepared to loose whole days to it. Sometimes you find yourself getting into a little battle within the game – i usually end up doing this while i’m the Sniper (i get drawn into trying to out-snipe an enemy sniper, and end up ignoring the rest of the game playing out around you!)

[/thread hijack] sorry chaps! I think i’ll start a dedicated TF2 thread!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Call of duty or Battlefield’ is closed to new replies.