Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • Calderdale/Hebden riding conditions?
  • hora
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder- What time?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Ooo, dunno. 9.30/10ish start? Back for 12ish. Could probably do earlier depending on when the little 'un wakes up.

hora
    Free Member

10's fine. You do realise that I can climb hills now however its slow slow slow?

Edit- 9.30 is probably better considering the above.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Slow climbing suits me fine mate! I'll put a rough idea of a route together and let you know wheres best to meet etc etc

Anyone else?

woody2000

Oooh, may well join you Mr Wonder. Where you gonna start from?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Do it Jase. Asked a few other mates too so there may be a few of us. Probably start from Savile Park near the chip shop as thats convenient for me, loads of places for people to park if they need to and it means we start with a decent downhill.

Probable plan is to drop down into the valley, up Wireworks (tough climb but better than up Sh*t Spreader Hill and no slog along BW at the top) to Norland Moor, zig zag up and down doing the downhill in the trees on the Barkisland side and then little fun bit on the edge of the cliff on the Sowerby Bridge side, into North Dean Woods and either along the top and drop into the Terrible Turns section or down to Gollums Pool and then up to the Terrible Turns. Then probably along the trail right along the top of the woods towards West Vale before dropping down back to Copley before a spin up the road and through the woods back to Savile Park.

woody2000

I'll do my best mate – if you can make it early as poss, i'll have more chance of making it. Got a first birthday party to be at in the afternoon – rock n freaking roll!

Do you mean the chippy at the bottom of the moor? Or the one on Bell Hall?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

9.30 start? The one slap bang in the middle of it. Can't remember the name of it – Manor Fisheries maybe?

hora
    Free Member

Will do

woody2000

9.30 should be fine. I know the one you mean – do you know where you're going Mark? You could always come to mine and pick me up ( 😀 ) and I can nav?

snowslave

That's a great ride Dave, sadly can't make it due to family stuff. Tried the other option on "that trail" today btw. It was even madder!

hora
    Free Member

Jason, I would but its going to Hudds first then back, then over to Manchester then back to Hudds again (got to pick up sis in law and take her back to Manchester as well!).

woody2000

It's ok Mark, I was being cheeky anyway! See you Thurs all being well 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Starting at 5.00 onwards Im sure I've not done this one before- whats it called- Zig Zags?

Jason- would be good to ride with you at last (that sounds a tad wrong). I'm already doing this ride on the sly. It'll mean my sister in Law having to put back her plans to get home to Brum by a few hours 🙄

woody2000

ZigZags (I think) is in Hebden, we'll not be going anywhere nr there on Thursday mate! However, you'll not be disappointed!

hora
    Free Member

Whats the Chip Shop* called? ( for the postcode/sat nav)

*Is it the one with the older man who talks everyone to death and has worked there for almost 50yrs? 🙄

woody2000

It's here Mark.

fozzyuk

Hmmm, sounds very interesting, not sure if I'll keep up but will see what I can do to make the start anyhow !!

Have we agreed 9-30 or 10 ?

woody2000

9.30 start AFAIK Fozzy

hora
    Free Member

Ah know it!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Going to keep an eye on the weather – was sleeting heavy when I left for work this morning and was a couple of inches of snow on the M62 (outside lane unuseable!) over Rishworth Moor 45 minutes ago.

fozzyuk

Yeah far from pleasent in Heb either. Main problem being the wind though the snow is coming down.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Might make a decision tonight then when I've seen what its like at home and seen the forecast!

hora
    Free Member

I'm at a spare end today. I might pop over and take some pics of some of the trails..

ton

DaveyBoyWonder

any room for a fat un??
    if so email me some details mate.

woody2000

Forecast is looking ok for tomorrow, but if DBW decides to wimp out 😀 then I can sling together a muddy couple of hours for us down t'valley a bit!

hora
    Free Member

I looked up on met etc. Thursday improves then Friday gets better.

Plans have changed for today so I might go out for a ride instead this aft with a camera.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Tut, wimp out 😉 . I was concerned for you lot having to travel!

Worst case scenario is that we just stay in the valley and play in North Dean Woods with maybe a foray to Headless Chicken for a bit. Not too bad for a 'plan B'.

Tony, of course theres room. Think theres a link to the chip shop up there ^^^ somewhere. 9.30 meet, back for 11:30/12ish.

I'll be charging the hip flask tonight!

hora
    Free Member

My car can get anywhere 8)

hora
    Free Member

DBW – my mobile is 07957 SIX 5 Six 156. Whats yours?

woody2000

Mine's 816 80085 😀

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

07767 446 nine two four matey.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Thursday morning according to Met Office – sun, bit of cloud, more sun!

hora
    Free Member

Thursday morning according to Met Office – sun, bit of cloud, more sun!

I'm showing some new rider (friends) round tomorrow so can report back.

woody2000

Mark – you do know it's Thursday tomorrow, yes? And we're supposed to be going for this ride tomorrow? Or am I missing something? 🙂 Have I got MY days mixed up!?

fozzyuk

Err yeah, I was thinking that….

Have something to sort in morning but should still be ok. Will txt if anything crops up.

My number 079202 nine five 77 three

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

No idea what's happening now but at 9.30 I'll be at the chippy on the bike 🙂

fozzyuk

Me too

hora
    Free Member

Im taking newbies out at 10.30 today.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/taking-a-group-of-newbies-out-tomorrow-what-should-i-consider

I've been off work so long I've lost track of the days 😐

fozzyuk

Cheers very much for the ride boys, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Apols if I held you up, two weeks of eating and drinking may have taken it's toll 😉

Next weeks commute will be interesting…..

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Calderdale/Hebden riding conditions?’ is closed to new replies.