Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Calderdale'ers – Name the descents (First ride with GoPro content)
  • oxnop
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-quR223Ocg[/video]

Had a spare 50 mins so went out on the bike to test GoPro as off to Alps next week.

Used the ‘chesty’ strap, upside down with GoPro in upside down mode. Uploaded to YT in average quality mode (still took 20 mins to upload!), but was filmed in 720 60FPS HD – Pleased with quality when playing back on the mac though.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Looks great, quality is good for standard YouTube.

Makes me very jealous I’m still without a bike after my leg break.

ton

1st is peckett well
    2nd is punch the wall
    3rd is beechnuts with the big rock where i smashed my face in on the stw ride a few yrs ago.

oxnop
    Free Member

Looks great, quality is good for standard YouTube.
    Makes me very jealous I’m still without a bike after my leg break.

Thanks- im pleased with the quality. Wanted to upload it in hd quality but prob would have taken all night to upload!
    Healing vibes for the leg, I twisted my knee a couple of months ago and was out for a week – that was long enough!

1st is peckett well
    2nd is punch the wall

Your missing a 3rd 🙂

Edit – just seen your edit. Your missing a 4th!

Ouch – wouldn’t want to go down anywhere on that trail TBH.

GavinB

Nice vid. Probably could aim the camera further up, as once you’re out of the saddle, I found myself looking at the top of the screen all the time, as the camera was pointing at your stem.

Will get back over there soon, as love those trails.

lowey

Dunno any of em only having ridden there once and got lost.

Nice vids and some tasty riding mate. I really need to get my arse in gear and tap up a local to show me around.

oxnop
    Free Member

Probably could aim the camera further up, as once you’re out of the saddle, I found myself looking at the top of the screen all the time, as the camera was pointing at your stem.

Deffinately noted for next time….

My GF actually said she felt sick and that the video had given her a stiff neck as she was instinctively pushing her head up as if to see the trail!!

dale
    Free Member

the names seem to depend on who you ride with but singletrack names …pecket b,dont know the next name is it the alternate way to the blue pig ?,blue pig,punch the wall into beech nuts

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I know I’m not allowed to ask on here, but where is the second bit of trail? Don’t recognise it but it looks good.

Nice vid – looking faaaasst.

oxnop
    Free Member

the names seem to depend on who you ride with but singletrack names

True.

Peckett
    Punch t’wall
    Blue Pig (not alternate, just the mid section)
    Back to Punch t’wall
    Beechnuts

dale
    Free Member

it was the first punch the wall bit, thought it might have been somewhere else, (slack tracks)

grum
    Free Member

Looks nice – how long does the Pecket Well bit last for? Got a mate who lives near the top of it but I’ve never ridden there.

oxnop
    Free Member

Looks nice – how long does the Pecket Well bit last for? Got a mate who lives near the top of it but I’ve never ridden there.

No doubt some peeps on here will say that the whole section can be cleared in a minute 🙂

There is a kick up halfway down which if it’s muddy (I’m running up it at the start of the video) will add a min or two. So realistically it’s a 4 to 5 min run.

The video shows by far the least technical section, I couldn’t use any footage of the ‘real’ stuff as a strap from my bag obscured the view when the going got rough.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Nice vids and some tasty riding mate. I really need to get my arse in gear and tap up a local to show me around.

+1!!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

What Dale said. Everyone knows different bits by different names. The top bit above Punch The Wall is what I know as Slack Tracks… leads into Punch The Wall (or Pindemonium if you choose that way!) which then leads into Beechnuts.

Hahaha, I remember that Tony. Ripped your shirt and had your nipple hanging out of it for the rest of the ride.

Should do another STW Calderdale ride sometime… September?

steel4real
    Free Member

Nice vid, I have ridden some of my faves vicariously with that(as I won’t be riding for at least 2 months while recovering from ankle op). Like the line on ‘beech nuts’ where you drop off the little wall.

DBW – I also remember that one, poor Tony.

Ground conditions look OK as well considering we’ve had some torential rain last few days in Halifax, maybe not in Hebden.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Need to do a big Halifax ride too…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Calderdale'ers – Name the descents (First ride with GoPro content)’ is closed to new replies.