Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Cable operated Reverb
  • stevied
    Free Member
    Onzadog
    Free Member

It’s a cunning little idea as I’ve never liked the reverb button. However, I found the other solution (which was cheaper) was to sell the reverb and buy a different post.

grey

That’s a great idea.

cchris2lou

The issues are more with the internals rather than the remote.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I was pretty sold on this as soon as I read it on PB this morning. The remote on my reverb is crap, both in design and use – my simple little cable release on my X Fusion was far better. I’m think my reverb with the Raceface cable release would be perfect.

Tracey

The lever looks very much like the Command post one

jam-bo

Really quite tempted. Can probably cover a lot of the cost flogging off my current reverb remote.

jam-bo

Taken a punt. ~£70 delivered with an Ispec mount.

Anyone want to buy a reverb remote and bleed kit?

jam-bo

Read the small print… European orders add 19% to the prices for VAT…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

does it impact warranty? 😉

maxtorque

WTF? do people really struggle with the reverb button?

Never had a problem myself, press it, seat drops, let go, seat stays where it is.. You’ve got to be pretty special to have a problem with that no?? 😆

jam-bo

Mine was bought s/h and well out of warranty.

I don’t struggle with the reverb lever, I just think it’s shit.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Never had a problem myself, press it, seat drops, let go, seat stays where it is.. You’ve got to be pretty special to have a problem with that no??

Ergonomically I prefer the KS Lev, weight wise (pressure to operate) it’s a bit heavier than the Lev (own both) which for my dodgy thumbs is a factor. As for as long term goes it seems a bit prone to crash damage and it a lot more expensive than a cable to repair. There are a lot of versions of buttons and levers about so it’s possible for some to be better/different to others

maxtorque

I snapped the lever on my reverb. Went to google typed “reverb lever spares” and bingo, first hit on amazon, for the grand total of £7.60 was a replacement lever shaft. About 10mins to replace and re-bleed. Hardly expensive or complicated!

jam-bo

That’s nice. I still think it’s shit.

Northwind

Looks like a much better lever than the dismal Reverb one, and cables are more fixable… I always say the same thing, I broke my KS’s cable in the alps, every bike shop in the world has all the parts I needed to fix it. Do the same to a Reverb, you’re waiting for a delivery. And cables are generally more bodgable too. (break the cable or lever on this and you can still pull the post and manually actuate it)

jam-bo

Plus it gives me the bones for the wireless reverb idea I’ve had knocking round in the back of my head for a while…

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Interesting Jam bo

honourablegeorge
    thegreatape
    Free Member

Nice to see that there’s an alternative lever for Gravity Droppers on that bike yoke site.

amedias
    Free Member

I don’t struggle with the reverb lever, I just think it’s shit.

Tend to agree with Jam Bo, I can use a reverb just fine, but I find it less ergonomic than cable release (compared to every one I’ve tried), and they can be stiff to push*, with less tactile feedback than cable levers.

And then there’s the bother of having another hydro system on the bike and maintenance/trail bodgability that comes with that, which may or may not be important to you.

I wouldn’t be spending £70 to un-hydro one though, I’ve just swapped to something else I prefer.

*little hands and Mrs A confirm, it’s hard to use if you’ve got weedy thumbs, she was resorting to stopping to push it and drop the post, which kinda negates the whole point!

vmgscot

GF did not get on with Reverb button due to small hands but now fine with the Novyparts lever – it’s still hydro though but been reliable for 8 months so far.

D0NK

You’ve got to be pretty special to have a problem with that no??

ergonomically they were never that great imo, better mounted under the bar but still not as comfy as shifters. Spazzed my left thumb in a crash nearly a year ago and despite mostly being mended, and managing to use a front shifter (remember those?) fine, I struggle to push a reverb button pain free.

Would quite like sram to do a reverb “button” like that, more shifter-esque but the DeHy isn’t for me (for various reasons)

jam-bo

mine just turned up. looks very nicely put together.

will report back once its fitted..

jam-bo

well i’ve got it working…

still waiting for some feedback from the manufacturer but it would seem on my remote and my reverb I am at the top and bottom of each manufacturers tolerances, so with the dehy installed as the manufacturer recommends, the internal reverb poppet valve is always slightly open. which isnt much good…

however, with a 1mm spacer washer fitted, it works perfectly.

Ergonomics of the lever are lovely and its 2 mins to remove and refit.

jam-bo

Two rides now with this and it’s about 10x better than the reverb remote. It really is what SRAM should be making…

AlexSimon

Only just heard of this.
    I don’t have a problem with the stock Reverb button, but I love seeing hacks like this.
    Get on to that wireless version jam bo!

singlespeedstu

Ergonomics of the lever are lovely and its 2 mins to remove and refit.

How easy is it to swap the fitting on the post end of the adapter?

jam-bo

pretty simple if you’re happy working on forks etc.

singlespeedstu

Ta.
    Just found a video.
    Looks easy enough.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxGU6CqaBzQ[/video]

singlespeedstu

Ta.
    Just found a video.
    Looks easy enough.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxGU6CqaBzQ[/video]

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Cable operated Reverb’ is closed to new replies.