Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Buying a new car from a broker
  • on_the_rivet
    Free Member

I’m just about to order a new car and to save money and do without all the haggling hassle I’m going to use an online broker. Some prices quoted are for brand new 1st registered cars and others are for pre-registered cars. What I want to know is, apart from restrictions on getting factory fitted options, are there any disadvantages to buying a pre-registered car?

steveh

You’re not the first owner mainly. A pre registered car will be in the name of a dealer and then transferred to you. This is not a huge problem when you sell on as the V5 will list the previous owner and address which will be clearly a dealer. However as now a 2 owner car it does hit resale value.

on_the_rivet
    Free Member

I intend to hang on to the car – had present car for 7 years, so will one/two owners make much difference at that timescale?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

None at all I would say

woody2000

Can’t you save yourself even more cash by going to one of the car supermarket type places, that’s all they do isn’t it (preregistered cars)? I assume you’d have to pay a broker?

on_the_rivet
    Free Member

Broker fee is only £100. Car supermarket places don’t seem to have the car I’m after.

woody2000

Fair enough, probably worth £100 to save the hassle!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Pre registered has never affected resale value in my experience…

why would it all it shows is that the first owner paid a bit less than idiots who are prepared to pay full wack for new cars.

I would be more making sure that they are UK only spec cars though.

How much are you saving against garage price?

on_the_rivet
    Free Member

I can save £3500 for 1st registered factory order and an extra £500 for pre-registered on a Nissan X-trail

Spongebob
    Free Member

I wouldn’t touch Nissan with a bargepole after the experiences we’ve had with the Qashqai we bought new in 2007.

There have been a catalogue of faults, some which Nissan haven’t been able to rectify.

It’s been a highly regrettable move buying this car and the dearship experience has been painful and/or expensive.

Going on my experience of this vehicle and comparing it to the numerous cars i’ve had, the quality of Nissan cars is distinctly sub-par.

Actually, come to think of it, I had another Nissan for a while back in the 90’s. It was someone else’s cast off in the company car fleet and that was rubbish too.

woody2000

I had a lot of problems with a 2007 Qashqai too SB, I put it down to it being the first version of a new model. Nissan were crap though, totally useless. I too had unrectified faults with the car when it went back to the lease company.

X-Trails been around a while though, I’d imagine it was pretty sorted by now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Buying a new car from a broker’ is closed to new replies.