Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • buying a hybrid advice needed
  • zanelowe
    Free Member

Hi, im wanting to buy a hybrid bike asap and would like some advice or ideas on what model to buy. firstly im looking to spend between £400 & £600. I want to use the bike during the winter on the road and trails, next year im going to do some touring in the uk and a trip to europe. I have looked at Trek, Cannondale and Specialazed, I know there are lots of diffrent makes and models to choose from but i thought if i ask you kind people who are in the know it could save me a bit of time.
    Regards Zane.

Who’s onboard?

andyl
    Free Member

Take a look at the Boardmans in Halfords but if you do your own repairs be aware it will be SRAM drivetrain which some people don’t like.

Also look at some of the sale bikes at Wiggle/CRC etc and maybe look at some of the stores that do commuter stuff like Edinburgh bicycle co-op

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Boardman Sports Hybrid should be on your list then.

I have the basic model – £500 – and i love it. i can cruise along at 17/18mph so it’s not too lardy, disc brakes and a 50/38 compact up front married to a SRAM X5 9 speed cassette gives a good range of gears to get you up hill and down the other side.
    I did the C2C in a day on mine and could still walk at the other end!

zanelowe
    Free Member

Has anyone got a Cannondale Quick 4 ?if so what.do you think?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘buying a hybrid advice needed’ is closed to new replies.