Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bullet-proof ISIS BB anyone?
  • anlegov
    Free Member

I have two such ISIS BBs from Superstar that have done 20,000+ km, but now they are coming to their end of life. Superstar dont seem to be selling ISIS BBs anymore. Anyone got any suggestions? They dont have to be cheap – just long-lasting.

qwerty
    Free Member

SKF ?

anlegov
    Free Member

Do SKF make ISIS-type bottom brackets?

StuE
    Free Member

I thought they were no longer available but a quick google suggest that you may still be able to get them.
    http://www.velovitality.co.uk/products/skf-bottom-bracket

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

SKF isis BBs are still available from certain German Etailers or from Compass Cyclery in the US . They will send to the UK and come with a ten year guarantee.

anlegov
    Free Member

Yes, that looks really good. Thanks.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I used to use SKF ones when I had ISIS B&B and they are worth every penny!

Russell96

I went through a couple of the SKF BB’s, whilst they lasted longer than any other ISIS BB they still fell short of the longevity of a standard Shimano HT never mind the Octalink.

doof_doof
    Free Member

That’s a shame about the SS ones as they were excellent for the price. Could be worth asking SS who the OEM is if you want to track another one down. Or perhaps they still have some random ones left in stock, worth asking.

Creaky

The “Superstar” ones were made by First Components and came in a First-branded box. I did have a look at the First website a few months back and there was no ISIS BB listed.

doof_doof
    Free Member

^^ good info.
    68 x 113 showing here:

http://www.bikeshack.net/www.bikeshack.net/info.php?p=5&pno=0&pid=2854370&cat=245345&ack=9&search=&sought=

Remove the drive side lip and it’ll work with a 73mm BB shell.

maximusmountain
    Free Member

Sorry for the hijack, but I didnt think this question warranted a separate thread!

The measurements on the ISIS bottom brackets is what? The axle length? I havent been able to find really.

steezysix
    Free Member

The smaller number is the bb shell width, the larger one is the axle length for getting the right chainlike.

teasel
    Free Member

Dunno whether or not they have stock but the Control Tech BB in the link has been running hard on my main hack since 2008. Easy enough to find replacement bearings and a simple design lets you change them until the axle snaps…

http://www.bikereplacement.co.uk/p19103/Control-Tech-Comp-Titanium-ISIS-Bottom-Bracket.aspx

I’m not suggesting buying from Wheelies, merely that they appear to have stock of a rare item…so probably not in stock.

Good enough to warrant tracking down if you want something that’ll last.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bullet-proof ISIS BB anyone?’ is closed to new replies.