Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Bucks Off Road Sportive
  • vinnyeh

A glorious day out, and tougher (for me) than I expected- lovely scenery and a very pleasant bunch of riders. Nice conditions- if anything a touch too dry- I’m a bit sunburnt too.

Kudos to the organisers for great waymarking as well- shame a couple of the arrows wentr missing/ got turned.

Ti29er
    Free Member

The weather was glorious!
    I started at about 2pm and rode to a couple of locations. However I do know these trails and ended up from 7pm, beasting myself in some woods locally for 1:40 – to at least show willing.
    Were it not for a 10:00 appt in Marble Arch I’d have ridden too.

Have you checked out the pictures yet?
    They can be accessed via the main evet’s web site or there was a link here a while back.

See you at Wednesday night’s Summit race meet?

Tim

greasystain
    Free Member

Good work Tim, thanks for taking the pictures. I’ll be purchasing a few of mine once that option is availible. Mrs Greasystain liked the B&W one of me disappearing off into disatance – I think that says something about our marriage 🙂

I was the idiot that shouted hello as I went by – image 164

Cheers

Ti29er
    Free Member

Hello!
    As soon as I hear back from Simon, we’ll get the prices structured so that a % goes back into the club’s coffers.
    Tim

Straightliner

Yep, I did manage to get round the whole 121km, plus a few extra km of ‘diversions’ towards the end where I either wasn’t paying attention or the arrows were missing.

JamesP
    Free Member

Thanks for all the feedback. Glad you enjoyed the event. What weather huh?

I completed the 121km in just under 6hrs, so it was a fair bit quicker than I had expected. The pace was pretty blistering from the start and when I got to around 100km I started to really suffer.

Good work Tim. Especially considering our official photographer had car troubles and couldn’t make it!

aP
    Free Member

Sounds like you had a good day. I did 120K on my cx bike on Saturday out from Chiswick over Ranmore to Leith Hill (Summer Lightning), Holmbury Hill (BKB) and back in via Stane Street and it took a bit more out of me than I’d thought.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Upload now complete and awaiting your collective comments.
    I only wish I’d been riding.
    It’s the same story this w/end at Clic24. I won’t get there ’til 02:00 on Sunday morning early, and what with the weather looking poor, I’ll take some pictures, maybe get 1 lap in and get back on with the picture taking again until midday.
    Woe is me! 😉
    Tim

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Bucks Off Road Sportive’ is closed to new replies.