Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • BT Infinity – good or bad?
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

BT have recently upgraded the exchange to fibre optic (200m from my house). I’d like to upgrade but can’t decide whether to stay with my current provider (Zen) or move to BT. Any experience of BT fibre optic broadband, good or bad?

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I have it & works very well. When I started I had the cheaper package but found with watching tv down it & on line back ups I soon went over the data limit so now have the expensive one..
    Does what it says on the tin & generally speaking buffering is a thing of the past.
    Now need to upgdade my pc as I am trying to do too many things at once on it 🙁

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Had BT Infinity for about 16 months and BT broadband for about 6 years prior to that. Never had any real problems. The speed (tested on speedtest.net) varies a bit, the lowest has been 32Mb/s the highest 61Mb/s it seems to average out around the high 40’s.

It’s one of those things that just sits there doing it’s thing pretty much unnoticed, which I guess is as much as you can ask for really.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It’s brilliant. I can’t recommend it enough. Fast, reliable and reasonably priced.

Plusnet do it too, as they are a thinly rebranded BT.

I also got £50 of Sainsburys vouchers and a £50 cashback.

StirlingCrispin

The installation will be done by BT whoever you use

Mine gets installed on Friday. Got a price from BT, phoned Sky for a Macc code and they matched the BT price (including BT’s yearly line rental discount even though I pay monthly with Sky) but with unlimited downloads thrown in (the BT package limits you to40MB a month!).
    So, I’m staying with Sky!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’d need the unlimited package since 40Mb is not enough. I regularly go over 50Mb since most of our “TV” is streamed.

CaptJon
    Free Member

muppetWrangler – Member
    Had BT Infinity for about 16 months and BT broadband for about 6 years prior to that. Never had any real problems. The speed (tested on speedtest.net) varies a bit, the lowest has been 32Mb/s the highest 61Mb/s it seems to average out around the high 40s.

It’s one of those things that just sits there doing it’s thing pretty much unnoticed, which I guess is as much as you can ask for really.

This.

rewski
    Free Member

Very good, no gripes at all, just been upgraded to Infinity 2.

anjs
    Free Member

Zen just re sell the BT service. Personally I would stay with Zen just for the outstanding UK based customer service.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I suppose my question should really be, is it worth paying extra to stay with Zen or are BT pretty reliable and trouble free?

Martin.B
    Free Member

I got BT a few months ago. Bit like a Ronseal: does what it says on the tin. Installation was quick and efficient
    Had no problems to speak of with the connection or speed. Never had to use the customer so cant vouch for this. However I am expecting things to improve on this front as I was with Tiscali/TalkTalk before this, and didnt like them

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Just rung my old provider – Zen – for my MAC so I can move to BT Infinity. As usual Zen were incredibly helpful and it made me a bit sad to be leaving them. I just can’t avoid the fact BT are a lot cheaper…

ericemel
    Free Member

I had infinity 75mb/10mb and loved it – you need unlimited.

I only switched as I moved and I am now *downgraded* to Virgin Cable 60mb/3mb which is still fine!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ola. I’m staying upstairs for de Olympics. I see you have great connexion. Can I burro?

Tom83

Waiting on the engineer today to get my infinity installed.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Unlimited was indeed ordered. I regularly get over 50Gb in a month

Tom83

All up and running now, 75meg download speed! Glad i got unlimited 🙂

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Up and running myself as of lunch. The whole installation process has been very slick and professional which bodes well. Here’s hoping it all lives up to expectation, but 71Mbps down and 18Mbps up so far. The real test is when the whole family connects and starts streaming movies…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘BT Infinity – good or bad?’ is closed to new replies.