Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bristol Bike Jumble – MAY
  • TooTall
    Free Member

Saturday 1st of May in the Year of Our Lord two thousand and ten.

Outside MUD DOCK in the heart of Bristol.

A few people meet up for cake and coffee in the cafe at 1030 (where shiny things are oft revealed) and start the jumble at 1200 for some splendid bargains!

Stalls are FREE to set up, spare tables are available but it would be lush if you brought your own. There is a VAST Pay+Display car park right next door ( please don't use the Mud Dock carpark ) and their cafe is brill. Bring a sh1tload of change for the carpark and the jumble. If you see something that costs a fair few quid and were only expecting to buy ickle things remember THE JUMBLE IS MONTHLY and the seller can usually arrange to meet you next month.

Excellent weather is booked for this weekend so dig out your spares and get down to sell them!

TooTall
    Free Member

Just a reminder to get your spare stuff out to sell on Saturday!

I'll start promoting the Naked Bike Ride in June if you don't come down!

TooTall
    Free Member

Right! You asked for it!

bristol-to-take-part-in-2010s-world-naked-bike-ride

Just pray there is never a Naked Bristol Bike Jumble 😯

However – turn up nekkid on Saturday and Agency_Scum will buy you a large coffee of your choice!

soobalias
    Free Member

im interested in the naked bike ride

im also looking for another 'ding' to match the one i just put in my new rim – so keep your eyes open, ta.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How big an event is it?

I was thinking of maybe hiring a van/estate and bringing down an entire shed load of stuff I don't use anymore, frames, bikes, forks, the lot. A worthwhile trip or would the day be better spent photographing everything, making up the worlds longest classifides add and puting the car hire towards postage?

Do people sell good/expensive stuff or is it a lot of 1993 'retro'/worn out XTR mechs?

TooTall
    Free Member

Have a look at the monthly threads on this – Agency_Scum puts up pictures of what goes through. It ebbs and flows depending on numbers – from 20 on a quiet month to about 50 buyers and sellers on a good one. If you told people on a thread like this it might attract attention from the Bristol crowd.

TooTall
    Free Member

I have strong rumours of things like Fox Vanilla forks and Avid brake sets being up for sale on Saturday – along with my as new Bonty carbon riser bars going for less than half of RRP!

SOOB – dings tend to sell in pairs there – do you want 2 so you can have a spare yourself?

I'll be in the market for a bike bell myself if anyone coming has a good one to sell!

TooTall
    Free Member

IT IS TOMORROW!

[leslie crowther]

Come on down!

[/leslie crowther]

TooTall
    Free Member

OK you miserable lot – today – you're doing nothing – get your bike stuff down and get it sold and buy some more.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bristol Bike Jumble – MAY’ is closed to new replies.