Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bristol based bike mechanics needed.
  • bristolbikeproject
    Free Member

Imagine you couldn’t afford a bike. I don’t mean a tricked out carbon, full suss dream machine, I mean any bike at all. This is the reality for countless people in Bristol and across Britain. Unable to afford a bike or public transport, their only option is to walk miles, or stay at home. People who are unable to work, through no fault of their own, need transport in order to keep their lives moving. The Bristol Bike Project provides free bikes and free repairs for the poorest people in Bristol – but we NEED HELP!

We need volunteer bike mechanics to help us prepare and repair bikes for the Earn-a-Bike scheme. If you have any fixing experience at all, we would really appreciate your help at any of our volunteer sessions. You don’t need to know everything. You may learn a lot, and you will probably find the experience rewarding and fun.

More details here:

http://www.thebristolbikeproject.org/about-us/volunteer/

We also need bikes and parts, so why not clear out that shed!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

BUMP. What a good idea.

I would be there in a heartratemonitor, except* I’m Kettering now and Bradford in a couple of weeks.

Anything that way?

*And also I would be trying it on with Hannah Murray

eskay

This is a great project and local to me, thanks to all involved.

If it is still going when I retire I will be down there!

DanW
    Free Member

I would be more than happy to donate a big box of parts I would have offered on here for free anyway. Everything is good working order but not so desirable nowadays such as v-brake only frame/ wheels/ brake etc. Is this any help or can yo only really make use of full bikes?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’ll see if I still have any spares. I honestly don’t know. Anything I find you can have guys. Love love love and goodnight

bristolbikeproject
    Free Member

Spares are great. Good quality spares are more useful than BSO bikes. We especially need good v-brakes, back wheels, 678 speed shifters, slick tyres and decent saddles.

Mainly we need people. People make the project. We have evening sessions for those who work 9-5. We supply tea, coffee, biscuits, spotify and a good atmosphere.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bristol based bike mechanics needed.’ is closed to new replies.