Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Brecon Beacons: What route and where to stay?
  • stick_man

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for exciting & challeging routes in the Brecon Beacons, and decent places to stay.

Is the Gap route worth doing?

Thanks.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Give us a clue? Hotel, B&B, bunk house, YHA or tent 🙂

Loads around Brecon.

If you fancy camping we stayed here couple of weeks back.

Some fantastic routes on your doorstep including The Gap which yes is worth doing, via the Taff Trail route above Talybont Reservoir. Ride it south to north.

Mountain Biking in the Beautiful Brecon Beacons

pedalhead
    Free Member

Planning on doing a 46 mile route around the Gap & taking in a bit of Sarn Helen on Sunday. Great riding round there.

stick_man

Yeah sorry I meant to say YHA or bunkhouse – cheap and cheerful.

Pedalhead, that sounds like quite an ambitious route you're doing!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I have an ambition to do the black route on the Black Mountains – looks tough

IHN

Bunkhouse in Talybont-on-Usk, Gap route goes past the door.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Yeah it's meant to be a bit of a killer route, so I'll be getting up early 🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

hmm I've heard about the Black Mountains Killer loop…any gps files available?

scant
    Free Member

try mtb-wales for black mountains killer loop info. the 1st climb is tough, after that its fine with some cool DHs… better than the gap ride imho.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Cheers scant will check it out.

Tinners

I did the GAP for the first time last weekend. I thought it might be useful to put my thoughts down on the MTB-Wales forum and a few others were kind enough to add some useful information too. You can read it here:
    http://www.mtb-wales.com/groups/south-wales-riders-group/forum/topic/brecon-gap-ride/?topic_page=2&num=15

Tinners
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Gap is ace!

Drink at the Star in TalyBont. Top boozer!

cinnamon_girl

I have twice stayed at the White House Country Inn in Sennybridge although last time was 2 years ago. Very comfortable, and I'm a fussy girlie. Food was excellent and enjoyed venison for dinner.

The Gap Route was cool. 8)

SOAP
    Free Member

Im looking to do the gap soon ,CG thx for the up on the White house County Inn.

cinnamon_girl

Chippy – owner let us hose down our bikes when we first stayed in Winter and was very welcoming. Just looked at their website, not cheap but good quality. Breakfast was excellent too.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Brecon Beacons: What route and where to stay?’ is closed to new replies.