• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by bruk.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Breakfast Awesomeness.
  • pocketrocket
    Free Member

Just had these for breakfast, 3 of them, feeling rather full now!

http://www.viralnova.com/breakfast-cupcakes/

Duffer
    Free Member

Nice! I’ll keep that one up my sleeve for another day.

There was a thread a while ago where DrP made a breakfast pie!

scandalous
    Free Member

American pancakes to try and breathe life into 3 sleep deprived, mine craft addicted 10 year olds following a sleep over!

Holy sugar revival, batman!

Duffer
    Free Member
    pocketrocket
    Free Member

Adds breakfast pie to the “to do” list.

iolo
    Free Member

OP, why not just eat normal bacon and egg? With a bit of bread. That seems a lot of trouble for no more reward.

righog
    Free Member

Cheers OP, Awesome indeed, May be the wifes Mothers day breakfast !

OP, why not just eat normal bacon and egg? With a bit of bread. That seems a lot of trouble for no more reward.

Awesomness knows nothing of this trouble you speak of.

I used to make something similar by removing the inside if a bread bun and replacing with an egg, egg in a basket, think I a may do hybrid of the two.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

huevos rancheros is where it’s at!!

sandwicheater

I’ll be giving that a whirl for the wife’s Mother’s Day breakfast. That is what I would call a proper breakfast muffin, nom nom.

gogg
    Free Member

Yup. Mothers day treat for tomorrow breakfast sorted.

brant
    Free Member

iolo – Member
    POSTED 4 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Oh iolo.
    I made a veggie version of these this morning after seeing this thread, which my girlfriend described as “the nicest thing she had ever had for breakfast”.

But you are so right. I mean, why bother eating nice food at all.

gogg
    Free Member

Very well received by my wife and the visitors that we have over this weekend.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lol @ brant

gogg
    Free Member

I put baked beans instead of mushrooms in for the kids ones.

sc-xc

Brant, did you use veggie bacon, sausages or just toms/mushrooms?

jkomo

Holy crap, that is awesome.

brant
    Free Member

Brant, did you use veggie bacon, sausages or just toms/mushrooms?

Just bread base made with oven bottom muffin, diced and sliced mushrooms and egg on top seasoned with smoked paprika, salt and pepper.

Then with the holey bread bit left over I made teenage son a breakfast Big Mac by baking an egg in the holey bread, and stacking that in an oven bottom muffin between layers of bacon.

The “toast in bread” thing was a bit of a sensation. As fathers may know, getting even slightly positive feedback from a 15yr old is quite remarkable, but he did seem pretty pleased with it.

I think “toast sandwich” is a Mrs Beeton recipe. The textural and flavour combination is remarkable and I love the fact it’s so simple.

Anyhow.

I miss Steve Worland. Over and out.

ocrider

This worked a treat for brunch today. A thumbs up all round for Pocketrocket’s link.

Didn’t have any white sliced knocking around, so we did as Marie Antoinette suggested and swapped it for brioche 😀

bruk

Excellent, worked very well for brunch as the wife was in work early this morning.

Brownie points earnt, flowers and choccies waiting for when have picked up the kids from Grannies.

I even got a lie in this morning, all in all a good day so far.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Breakfast Awesomeness.’ is closed to new replies.