Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Brace yourselves everyone, as tonight, it's…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

The Olympic Games Opening Ceremony….

Is there a more tedious awe inspiring spectacle??

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I thought it had already started?

hammyuk
    Free Member

DILLIGAF

mikewsmith
    Free Member

More tedious? What about look at me look at me. I hate stuff threads…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

DILLIGAF

*insert obligatory yet you posted here comment*

fasthaggis

Your thread smells of cabbage.

jimdubleyou

DILLIGAF

Can’t tell from here.

I’m marginally excited, but it’s in the middle of the night so I doubt I’ll be watching much live.

tinybits
    Free Member

I loved the London opening ceremony, though it was great. As long as this is filled with carnival dancers, I’ll be pretty pleased.

shakers97
    Free Member

It started on Wednesday. Not bothered about the opening ceremony, although London 2012 was the exception, but I am looking forward to this. Love to get into some more obscure sports around the olympics.

There’s a lot of cynicism around it and the IOC drive a lot of that with the presentation of the event and general stuffiness but come on it’s the olympics.

Being an Olympian must be so awesome. Maybe I can get in a winter games if I take up curling or something….

jekkyl

what time does it all start?

fasthaggis

Oh and, COME ON CAV!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/

knock yourself out.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Big Brother
    Love Island
    Wimbledon
    Made in Chelsea
    X Factor
    Snooker
    Darts
    Geordie Shore
    Britain’s Got Talent

Can’t stand any of them, but luckily I’ve got a zillion channels on my TV, a PlayStation, a PC, many ‘devices’, books, a bike, a car, a decent pair of shoes, several local pubs, friends and as my Wife sometimes reminds me plenty to do around the houses if I’m bored – if I didn’t want to watch it, I don’t have to work hard to avoid anything.

kayak23

Brace yourselves everyone, as tonight, it’s…

The Olympic Games Opening Ceremony….

Is there a more tedious awe inspiring spectacle??

Yup. Shed of the Year, 8pm, Channel 4
    😀

seosamh77
    Free Member

I always enjoy them. beijing and london opening ceremonies were class.

bearnecessities

I bloody love the smell of cabbage.

fasthaggis

I knew that 😉

bigrich

the well choreographed bobbing of headless corpses in the sewage strewn water will be a particular highlight.

rickmeister

London was indeed class and the thread on here, threatening Spazzed Out Sheep, was excellent…

Good programme on it via player, Danny Boyle did a great job.

binners

Is it sports day already?

I’m looking forward to the edge and spoon race

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to the edge and spoon race

[img]http://www.crafty-owl.com/wood-spoon-154.jpg[/img]

jekkyl

Midnight!!!? naaahhh.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Russian squad is going to be a bit smaller so that’ll reduce the running time. I’m looking forward to seeing Andy Murray carrying a saltire waving Nicola Sturgeon on his shoulder.

Saccades
    Free Member

According to the safety posters at work, today is international beer day (I thought every friday was tbf).

but as it’s a safety message – drink in moderation!

Northwind

Not going to watch it live but I’ll catch up on it I’m sure. Just re-watched the first 20 minutes of the 2012 opening the other night and it’s still incredible stuff. Deranged genius, who thinks “I’ll open the olympics with Massive Attack and Shakespeare”? There’s a bit near the end where the camera pans around some performers and literally everyone in shot is crying, it gets me every time, I’d kill to have been a part of that…

And I swear they made the initial video sequence intentionally awful to rejig expectations 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

Where can you watch it without the commentary? On thing that bugs my tits is the commentary through it.

MSP

Northwind +1

The 2012 opening ceremony was great, it started of like some twee hollywood representation of England and I was thinking “oh **** this is embarrassing” (I may have even commented as such on here). But it was just lulling us into a false state of mind before unleashing it’s true genius.

mildbore

Would quite like to watch the road race but as usual when BBC cover it it’s impossible to get a definitive schedule so would have to stay up all night to wade through a load of frustrating waffle. If only they would say it’ll be on beeb 1 at whatever time, I could record it and watch when it suits me

beej

Road race is 1:30pm to 18:30pm Sat. BBC Olympics 7 or Red button I guess.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Just a few hours to go before the opening ceremony.
    Australian team have been robbed and 3 athletes down already (2 for doping, 1 for groping).
    #lolympics

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The Australian ones were a fair bit earlier, assuming punctuation missing and not Australian athletes doping or groping (Moroccan boxer?)

fifeandy
    Free Member

Yes, never claimed punctuation as one of my better qualities.
    1 Irish, 1 Greek and 1 Moroccan athlete out.

seosamh77
    Free Member

pretty good start so far! 🙂 just getting into it, but could be good this!

aracer
    Free Member

Ooh look, they’re doing realism. Microbes. Lots of them in the water.

sharkbait
    Free Member

pretty good start so far! just getting into it, but could be good this!

Is there another ceremony going on because the one I’m watching is shite (so far).

seosamh77
    Free Member

not a lot I can do if you’ve already made up yer mind. enjoy yer lemons.

seosamh77
    Free Member

saying that thought it started alright and could have went somewhere, it has gone completely to shit though! 😆

dannyh
    Free Member

It ranks alongside Eurovision for me. Tacky, contrived and laughable. It is just an official opening. Get all the athletes to parade a bit until they’re all in, play the national anthem of the host country and light the **** flame. That’s all it should be.

There was a documentary on the other night about the making of the opening ceremony in 2012. It’s a wonder there wasn’t a documentary about the making of the documentary about the opening ceremony. Talk about disappearing up your own arse!

Let the sport do the talking, that’s what it is about, not some luvvie-fest.

Northwind

dannyh – Member

There was a documentary on the other night about the making of the opening ceremony in 2012.

And why not? It was quite a big deal

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Brace yourselves everyone, as tonight, it's…’ is closed to new replies.