Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Both fookin rims now bent
  • tinsy
    Free Member

Still lots of tension in this thread… (in case you missed it first time)

Anthony
    Free Member

Removing the tyre does of course make it easier to locate high and low spots in the truing jig, we're not just truing in one plane are we?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

didnt miss it, just ignored it :-p

That comment was aimed at those alex lightweight rims I used, they lasted a year and a half in south derbyshire without incident, took a batterin on a weekend away at dalby, but couldnt cope with the peaks, so realy they were 2.5 years old, but only laster 1 year in the peaks.

Appologies, a case of using statistics to prove anything. I though 99% of people knew that.

I suspect that the en321's will/would last indefinately in berkshire.

As for tension, we'll agree to dissagree, you use your musical instruments, I'll just do it by squeezing pairs of spokes and pinging them with car keys

trail_rat
    Free Member

depends on the jig your using ant

Anthony
    Free Member

Yeah, I suppose there are ways around it, but that fine chink of light you can work to with the tyre off can't be beat ime.

cynic-al
    Free Member

TINAS my "talking shite" o meter gas just exploded.

I'm currently less than impressed with my Roval Traversee wheelset that I splashed around 400 notes on.

Not only did they stay true for approximately half a nanosecond, I now have two large dings in my rear rim with a very loose spoke at each dent. Ther first one I put down to bad luck, but now I'm convinced that they are made of cheese.

Before anyone comments on my riding style, I've never dinged a rim to this degree in 15 years on any bike I've ever ridden off road. I very much doubt that they will be repairable judging by the slackness of the spokes. 6 months minimal use for a £400 wheelset is unacceptable. I very much doubt Specialized fantastic warranty service will do me any favours in this instance.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Let's put it down to oafness again then! You also wanna buy yourself a harmonica!

Eh?

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Both fookin rims now bent’ is closed to new replies.