Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Borrowdale Bash near Keswick – please help create a 'new' bridleway
  • Max
    Free Member

Please see original forum post here – it was observed that the original post could have had a more location-specific title. Ta-daa!

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Send it to Mark, Chips, Benji or Matt and I bet they'll put it on the front page for you. More likely to generate greater support if you do.

We've put it on front page of SingletrAction: http://www.singletraction.co.uk/index.php But we don't get a huge amount of traffic.

I suspect Bikeradar, bikemagic etc etc would also probably do the same for you (if you haven't tried them already). Maybe CTC and IMBA?

Will fill it in tonight. Good luck 😎

Max
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice – I'll see what I can do. I have already submitted it to the singletrackworld news address for potential news item. Maybe it's in the pipeline

Nice one for the front page of Singletraction

Cheers,

Max

lrd
    Free Member

I did this route for the first time last week and can't say I was too bothered at having to push for a couple of hundred metres. I'd got off the bike anyway to go through the gate and it's uphill (assume the loop's best done clockwise). Is it really worth the effort to get it changed? Presumably you can legally push a bike up this section as explained in the route book I used.

Not sure if you can dismount a horse and use a footpath in the same way? All my riding up there was legal and contrary to expectation all the walkers were pretty cheerful, only a horse rider had a negative attitude toward me as they generally do shouting the usual crap about slowing down and not spooking their stoopid animal, which I had done anyway.

Max
    Free Member

As you like – but chances to positively influence rights of way are few and far between.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Presumably you can legally push a bike up this section as explained in the route book I used.

Do a forum search for all the kerfuffle about a pushing on a footpath around Bradford. Consensus from the RoW officers at Local Authority there was that you can't push a bike on a fp. So getting it upgraded to BW will protect / establish you a right of access. Guidebook means sweet FA in such situations.

Better to protect and improve what limited rights we have than leave them exposed / vulnerable to being extinguished.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Borrowdale Bash near Keswick – please help create a 'new' bridleway’ is closed to new replies.