Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Bon Scott RIP – 30 years ago today
  • StuMcGroo
    Free Member

what's quite funny is that after nearly 30 years i still consider brian johnson to be ac/dc's new lead singer.

sofaking
    Free Member

+ for powerage being their best work

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If you want blood – one of my fave album covers of all time – visually arresting image if not wonderful design.

mudshark
    Free Member

They seemed good right from the beginning – Jailbreak and Squealer have always been great to me though Powerage is my favourite album too.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

"MrSparkle – Member
    I think you'll find it's 'If you want blood…. you've got it' "

Of course it is!

<hangs head in shame>

Just realised I was 14 as well, not 15 til the August….

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I loved the cover of 'if you want blood' cos my mum hated it!
    I remember reading about his death on my paper round – saw them 6 times with the geordie fella but would swap them all to see the original lineup
    To me similar to Iron Maiden – saw them with Paul di'anno and couldnt get used to Bruce Dickinson after that despite much more success.

bluemooner
    Free Member

jeez 30 years,,,i remember singin along to my old man lp's,,,
    i wonder what he thought when his 11 yo son was innocently singin along to "she's got the jack",,

RIP Bon

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Pop – would have to have seen maiden with Di'anno – just that bit too young. I did see them with Dickinson on the number of the beast tour though – easily the best they have been with him on vocals. Seen them about 8 times since too.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Saw 'Maiden tour the first album with Di'anno, loved that album (still do), and they were cracking live. Once Dickinson took over on vocals I lost interest and never regained it. Di'anno era Maiden had a slight punk edge to then IMO whereas the later (and bl00dy succesful) incarnation always seemed to me to be rather a pastiche of metal aimed at 13 year old boys.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

He was booted because management wanted a more nu-metal sound ( a la Saxon ). He is still sore about it now apparently.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Ah Saxon. I did (briefly, I was young) want a white tassled leather jacket…. :-\

Wheels of Steel, 747, never great, but damn good nonetheless.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My mates band has just toured with them – still going strong ( arm of the law).

Tango-Man
    Free Member

He was booted because management wanted a more nu-metal sound ( a la Saxon ). He is still sore about it now apparently.

he was booted fro being unprofessional and Steve Harris had got p1ssed off with hime and decided to get rib

Anyway, Bon Scott, brilliant vocallist, I think I prefer the new guy though

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I stand corrected – that was the line I was told by my 'rock star' mate who occasionally rubs shoulders with several real legends (such as Biff Byford and Ozzy, both of whom he has toured with).

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

he was booted fro being unprofessional and Steve Harris had got p1ssed off with hime and decided to get rib

Sort of right, more to do with being wrecked far too often and getting a bit big for his boots

That's fact not secondhand or assumed, i was on the scene at that time in east london and remember Steve from our schooldays although Paul was a couple of years younger

Reluctant
    Free Member

I first saw Maiden with Di'anno in december 79, and again in february the next year. They played the whole of that gig as an instrumental, cos Paul just couldn't sing!!
    I too kinda lost interest after Paul left though, even though Bruce Bruce was a damn fine singer and frontman. I saw Bruce a few times with Samson, and he was very impressive.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

' Once Dickinson took over on vocals I lost interest and never regained it. Di'anno era Maiden had a slight punk edge to then IMO whereas the later (and bl00dy succesful) incarnation always seemed to me to be rather a pastiche of metal aimed at 13 year old boys. '

Amen. Maiden with Dickinson are keech in my opinion.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Bon Scott RIP – 30 years ago today’ is closed to new replies.