Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Bolton sack Megson
  • boxelder

Not a supporter, but just who are they expecting to get to do a better job I wonder.

avdave2

Mark Hughes maybe?

darrell
    Free Member

as a Bolton fan i am delighted because a dead Norwegian Blue parrot would be a better manager

iDave
    Free Member

megson has never been a great manger – coat tail surfer, now undone all big sam achieved.

geoffj

as a Bolton fan i am delighted because a dead Norwegian Blue parrot would be a better manager

I kinda agree, but who are we going to get to replace him? Rick Sbragia? As much as I'd like to see Sparky at the Reebok, I'm not sure I can see it somehow.

If I could have anyone, it would be Owen Coyle, but that is pretty unlikely I would have thought 🙁

boxelder

"pretty unlikely" is bl00dy optimistic.

geoffj

"pretty unlikely" is bl00dy optimistic.

I know what you mean, but he does have a history with Bolton, it is a bigger club, and he could be offered a shed load of cash.

trailmonkey

I remember just a few short years ago when we'd look abroad with some amusement at the rapid hiring of firing of managers and the knee jerk reactions of over demanding and delusional presidents. In all honesty, what is any manager of Bolton realistically expected to achieve beyond staying in the top two divisions ? Sacking Megson is a bit of a joke really.

Jase
    Free Member

Judging by the history of their managers I'd imagine it will be either Steve McLaren or Bryan Robson 😀

darrell
    Free Member

i reckon Steve McLaren – and i'll never overcome the shame and humiliation

geoffj

Shteev McLaren – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZnoP4sUV90

Please no – I can see it now, Peter Kay as his accent coach 😆

darrell
    Free Member

in fact Peter Kay would be a good choice as manager.

Junkyard
    Free Member

megson is not a good manager
    His tactics are poor and the team are not great to watch
    he looks like he could get them relegated this season whilst playing bad football as well

The fans never liked him and I reckon there are better candidates available and interested.

geoffj

in fact Peter Kay would be a good choice as manager.

+1

Haze

Glenn Hoddle!

Didn't Smegson keep you up last season?

MrSparkle

Didn't Smegson keep you up last season?

And your point, caller?

Throughout his tenure I have never booed him or called for his head. Some of his signings have been good (Cahill, Klasnic on loan). However, tactically and on a PR front he has been a bit of an accident waiting to happen. I think momentum for Gartside to get shot had reached a point where something had to give. I was there last night and at Burnley and you could feel that what was a vocal monority became a tide. The question is, what (or rather, who) now?

Haze

And your point, caller?

Uhm, haven't really got one.

As a fellow relegation candidate, I just hoped you'd hang onto him for a bit longer 😉

Hadge
    Free Member

Sorry guys but Megson had to manage a very very average bunch of players who aren't playing very well. I like Kevin Davies as as a player, a real thorn in the side type of guy but as your top goalscorer??? The way they played under Sam has long since gone – as have those players. The new bunch aren't good enough and they won't keep you up this season.
    As for who next – Gareth Southgate, Mark Hughes??? They've got nothing to loose by taking it now anyway.

muggomagic

heard some fella on talksport saying he wanted megson out and shearer in?
    wtf? some people are plain stoopid.

I can't see Mclaren leaving FC Twente when they are top of the dutch league.

I'm not sure what the Bolton fans are expecting to achieve, they clearly don't have the money that they did when Allardyce was in charge.
    Probably end up with Curbishley.

Haze

I'm not sure there are that many decent managers available at the moment.

Would probably have been better off sticking with Megson and getting behind him. But there's the problem, he wasn't wanted by many in the first place.

geoffj

Probably end up with Curbishley.

I'd settle for that.

MrSparkle

Hmm. Sadly I think Jewell is favourite at the moment. Doubt we'd get Sparky, tbh.

geoffj
    boxelder

"pretty unlikely" is bl00dy optimistic

but then again………..I always knew Coyle would return to Bolton.

waynekerr
    Free Member

Who's next for the chop, I reckon Zola followed closely by Benitez.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Jesus on a bendy bus – Member

Looks like we might be getting Coyle

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/03/bolton-burnley-owen-coyle

Pretty hard to take if it happens. Every Burnley fan knew he would leave at some point, that's how football works if there's a club out there with more money, but I thought he stay the season and would go to a bigger outfit than Bolton.

That's not really a dig at Bolton, just that I think he is a good enough manager to be working for one of the top four at some point.

Matt

trailmoggy
    Free Member

I wish they'd of left Megson in charge to finish the job and get this pub team back in the lower league were this brand of so called football belongs.

manwells
    Free Member

does not matter who they get as they have always been a 3rd rate club with no ambition! their main claim to fame is that they hate man utd and the majority of bolton fans are more interested in utd losing than bolton winning!

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Man U don't even know Noblot exist

manwells
    Free Member

100 % correct trailmoggy!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Bolton sack Megson’ is closed to new replies.