Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bluetooth Sports earbuds
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend any? Having just bought some (that had 4.5 / 5 average rating on Amazon) I am hugely disappointed so they are going back and I want a new pair.

Not looking to pay silly money but I think I need to accept that £15 ones might not be good enough.

Problems I had – the sound cut out a few times despite the phone being very close, they sounded very tinny, entire bits of songs I know seemed to completely disappear (mainly bassy bits) and the sound changed when moving (from tinny to more bassy).

On top of this they only lasted for 1hr 45mins on a full charge despite saying ‘up to 5 hours’.

craigxxl
    Free Member

The usual STW answer is Plantronics Backbeat. I’ve got these and they have been good. Sound quality might not be premium but still good. If you get them make sure you check for updates as mine had poor bluetooth connection when I first got them but flawless after the update.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

spend the money: Bragi Dash.

MSP

Bragi Dash, do not get good reviews.

jaybud x2 are by far the best I have tried.

Rio

Plantronics Backbeat fits are currently about £60 on Amazon. Sound quality is limited because they don’t seal your ears so that thumping bass is missing, but on the plus side this means you might hear that bus before it runs you over. A reasonable trade-off IMHO.

johndoh
    Free Member

Just doing some more research on Amazon and finding loads of them coming up with great reviews but noticed that many of the reviews have disclaimers of getting them at cheap prices in return for a review. Then looked further and found identical (ie, copied and pasted) reviews for different sets by different reviewers.

:-/

prawny

I had taotronics ones, I loved them until I snapped the end off.

These are they Taotronics buds

But I fancy giving these new ones a go

richardk
    Free Member

Plantronics Backbeat Fit – great sound quality (as per Rio’s note above), 7hrs battery life and very reliable. Just launched in a whole new range of colours as well 🙂

Tried and tested riding at LeMans for 24hrs
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BJllOn3g6cF/?taken-by=plantronics&hl=en

stevious

I’ve got backbeat fits after some recommendations on here.

All the good things people say are true about battery life and decent sound. They are also definitely very sweatproof – I wear mine on the turbo trainer.

HOWEVER – if you’re planning on using them outside be aware that if it’s windy or you’re going really fast you won’t be able to hear them as they are an open design. I sometimes listen to podcasts when out on the bike and often have to just give up with them.

rone

Jaybirds X2 or bluebudz. Tech in them stops them from breaking up. Fantastic sound . Not the best ear inserts though.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Tried a few bluetooth earphones but none were satisfactory. I found, if my phone was in a camelbak, that the signal was blocked by my body quite often. Also, none ever seemed to stay in consistently.

I now use the Sony NWZ-273 wearable player. Self contained, never falls out and waterproof too. Can be had for around £50. They now do a bluetooth one that acts as a player but also connects to Android/IOS but they’re a bit pricier.

psychobiker
    Free Member

Jabra Sports Pulse, very good earbuds with heart rate monitor built in. The sound is awesome, can’t speak all techy about base or anything as not a techyphile, but I am very impressed.

Marcel

transporter13
    Free Member

Having been in the same position recently, I bought some Kitsound outrun from pc world….39.99 and battery that lasts me 6 hours.
    Initially I was skeptical as most of the other offerings I was looking at seemed to be far pricier so wasnt expecting much.
    As above I wouldnt class myself as a technofile but these headphones work better than I wouldve ever hoped.
    No issues with loss of bluetooth connection (using google play on a note 4)

Travis

I have Plantronics Backbeat 2, which came with my V10.
    They are okay, but having weird fitting ears, they don’t fit as comfortably as my Bose (non blue tooth) do, and often fall out.

I am waiting to hear what people say about the Bose Bluetooth Sports ones.

bensales
    Free Member

A pair of KS Outrun have survived a lot of running and turbo sessions for me this year.

PrinceJohn

Thought Apple had just invented these?! You mean they’re not a new thing?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Meizu EP51 Are about £30 and I’ve seen some good reviews. Can someone buy and test?

(Op – you don’t say which you bought to start with)

lucien

+1 for Plantronics Backbeat – faultless.

Kuco

As I wear glasses the behind the ear are no good so looking at these two.

Jabra Sports Coach

Jaybird

DrJ

Plantronics Backbeat

I bought these a while ago but now I never wear them as they keep falling out – maybe it’s my ears that are to blame.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Meizu EP51 Are about £30 and I’ve seen some good reviews. Can someone buy and test?

So I took the plunge and bought two sets of these from Gearbest for £47 delivered. Despite the order seeming to say they’d ship from China they’ve come to me from somewhere in West London so no import duty or VAT to add to that (which seems very dodgy).

Amazing value for the money – feel well made, very expensive looking packaging. Sound quality is impressive – my hearing isn’t great but they compare really well to a set of Shure in ears (with custom silicon mouldings that i’ve never found comfortable) and to my Sennheiser HD25s. On the Meizus it feels like treble and bass are a little artificially boosted but that’s probably what you want in a set of sport phones – a quiet room isn’t going to be normal listening conditions.

They’re certainly way better than the Jabra or Sennheiser cabled phones i’ve got at the moment. Both bought because I didn’t want ‘ in ears’ but neither stay in place well enough to give any bass at all nor really work with glasses.

johndoh
    Free Member

I ended up getting the ones Prawny wanted to try (these)

The sound is far superior to the first ones I had (mentioned in the OP) – they certainly aren’t perfect – head movement can cause the sound to change (as the seating position inside the ear changes I assume, I have just swapped out the rubber grommets to a larger set to see if that improves things) and when the cable moves, sound travels into the ear (ie, an amplified ‘rustle’ of the wire rubbing on clothing etc). But for £20 I am pretty happy with them.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bluetooth Sports earbuds’ is closed to new replies.