Home Forums Chat Forum bluetooth headphones?

• This topic has 21 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by phead.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • bluetooth headphones?
  • theauthorities
    Free Member

i’ve got it into my head that i want some bluetooth headphones, and since i did that the cord on my in-ear phones has been driving me steadily more bonkers.

i looked at these on-ear ones but they seemed like they would too easily become off-ear.
    https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/products/headphones/over_ear_headphones/soundlink-on-ear-bluetooth-headphones.html#v=soundlink_oe_headphones_black

i looked at these over-ear ones but they got a bit sweaty
    https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/products/headphones/over_ear_headphones/soundlink-around-ear-wireless-headphones-ii.html#v=soundlink_ae_headphones_ii_black

i read about these but couldn’t find them in a shop to look at and try out.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-M2BTBK-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphone/dp/B00CK2P8OY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470919697&sr=8-1&keywords=philips+m2bt

my budget is up to about 200 quid. to be honest part of that is snobbishness cos i’d be mostly using them on the tube which is not the best auditory environment.

any experience or knowledge to help?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bit out of budget, but Bose QC35 are truly exceptional.

Noise cancellation might be a good thing on the Tube, too.

beanum

I’ve got some AKG Y50BT over ear headphones and I’m really happy with them. They get pretty good reviews for sound quality, but it’s hard to compare them with Bose as they don’t give out review samples afaik.
    They get a bit hot after a while but no worse than my old cabled Sonys…
    I like the fact that I can control the volume from the earpiece so I can leave my ‘phone hidden.

What Hi Fi 5 star review

kiwijohn

i’m looking for some Marshall Major II’s. Not just for the 30+ hours battery life, but the ones I tried sounded really, really good.

prawny

I some taotronics one’s until a couple of weeks ago that cost me less than £20 and were genuinely good in ears. Better to listen to than any other earbud I’ve had including various shures.

I sat on them though and broke one end off. Said times.

If I was still using headphones I’d definitely try another pair from the same brand, the new ones look better too and clip together so you can wear them round your neck without dropping them.

I don’t get on with over ears to be honest, but I only used to listen to them on the train so big headphones were a pain in the arris.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ve got some AKG Y50BT over ear headphones and I’m really happy with them. They get pretty good reviews for sound quality, but it’s hard to compare them with Bose as they don’t give out review samples afaik.
    They get a bit hot after a while but no worse than my old cabled Sonys…
    I like the fact that I can control the volume from the earpiece so I can leave my ‘phone hidden.

What Hi Fi 5 star review

+1

HansRey

I’ve got two sets: Logitech UE 9000 and Marshall Major II.

I bought the UE’s first and was very happy with them. I paid 300CHF. The battery life was fine, the sound quality great, the fit was comfortable for 7 hours and they didn’t look daft. Unfortunately, the headband is made from a brittle plastic, which cracked due to fatigue and was replaced under warranty with a different product. I “fixed” it by glueing a brass strip to the top and then wrapping with thick, non-foam type bar tape. The sound quality is still great, but they now look daft when covered in tape. Logitech don’t make these anymore, but they can be found on ebay new. If you’re keen on the UE stuff (like me), have a look at their premium in-ear monitors.

For commuting on the tube and long journeys, I use my Marshalls. They are comfortable for 3 or 4 hours (on ear…). The sound quality is good, although quite a lot of bass. The build quality seems good. I paid 129GBP, although they can be bought for less if you sign up for the newsletter on their website and buy direct. The battery life is their best feature. If it’s for commuting, i would get these.

Both devices can be used to control the input (phone, ipod, laptop) to pause, skip, adjust volume or answer a phone call.

jimdubleyou

I got some AKG Y50 over ear (non-BT) and found them too warm.

I’m going to get a pair of fancy Beoplay H5 that came out last month, only slight worry being the 5 hours life, but don’t think it will be a deal breaker.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I’ve got some Jabra Move.

Nice and clean design, light and relatively cheap.

T1000
    Free Member

Bose reliability isn’t what you’d expect for the £££

footflaps

Bit out of budget, but Bose QC35 are truly exceptional.

You’d expect so for £300 for a pair of headphones!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Bragi Dash

/end thread. true genius.

eltonerino
    Free Member

14 pairs of MPOW in ear bluetooth headphones[/url].

About 8 hours charge, good enough sound for commuting. If you lose them, break them or have them stolen you won’t cry about it.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

You’d expect so for £300 for a pair of headphones!

Probably just me being a overly paranoid, but I also wouldn’t want to be riding round on the tube with some £300 headphones that could be plucked off me noggin on.

theauthorities
    Free Member

Bragi Dash

do look cool. have you got them?

martymac

I tried the akg headphones listed above and thought they were fine. I was just about to buy them when the salesman showed me some bose qc15, noise cancelling.
    They were reduced to less than £200 so I bought those instead.
    I can’t remember now what it was I preferred, but im not a brand snob or anything.

prawny

The Mpow ones are almost identical to my old taotronics ones.

theauthorities
    Free Member

ordered the akg ones.
    thanks, guys.

yosemitepaul

I’ve also just got myself some Bose QC35’s and can confirm they are a pretty awesome piece of kit.

dannybgoode

Another vote for the qc35’s. Make a commute bearable. As to getting mugged. Plenty of people are happy to state at a £400+ mobile completely oblivious to what’s going on around then – I’ve not even had a cursory at my ‘phones.

The qc35’s sound very good for a Bluetooth set also.

By from a bose store and if they don’t do if for you take them back within 30 days for a refund…

alexxx
    Free Member

I picked up a pair of qc35s at the airport the other week from dixons for £260ish.. I think the sound quality is very good but not the most impressive part.. I work in a variety of noisy environments and the sound cancelling is truly exceptional.. id say that alone makes the quality of the music better as its not fighting for presence.

I also sit in them for 8hours a day and find them comfortable which isn’t something I’ve been able to do with in ear or over headphones before.

They are very expensive but you do get a lot for your cash oh and 2 years guarentee with dixons / pc world or curries

phead
    Free Member

Spent half an hour trying qc35s in JL today, annoying shop musak elimination was near perfect, I had to have them. 10 hours to LAX here we come!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘bluetooth headphones?’ is closed to new replies.