Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Blue and Orange
  • ChrisL

New bike time!

That’s an XL Orange Clockwork Evo. Fairly slack and very long with 130mm travel forks. Built it up from a frame sold to me by Fall Line Cycles in Peebles.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Nice …

Poopscoop

Nice build mate… But the camera angle is messing with my mind! Lol

ChrisL

I had to do what I could with the limited blue sky available to me while ensuring I kept my lawn out of shot. 🙂 Which meant I forgot to make sure that the cranks and wheels were properly lined up – rookie errors!

core

This should be in the “How much bling?” thread as an example.

Tasteful, not overdone, 2 colours, just right, Nice bike!

ChrisL

Cheers. The rim and fork stickers were the only bits where colour matching actually cost me extra but orange and black is such a nice combination and fairly easy to do well that I think it was worth it.

chiefgrooveguru

This might be travesty but I think XL hardtails look better in aluminium than steel, the downtube looks more in proportion. That looks great! I miss my orange and black Soul on aesthetic grounds, both my bikes are fully murdered out…

ads678

Very nice that. I was torn between one of those and a Cotic Solaris. Went with the cotic in the end and don’t regret it but I don’t think i’d have regretted getting one of those either!!

ChrisL

Back in 2003 or so I saw an orange Mk1 Soul being wheeled out of the workshop at an LBS and I immediately thought “that is the colour that MTBs should be”. I’ve had a few orange bikes since then but I’m pretty sure this is the best looking bike I’ve owned to date.

I was initially looking at 29er hardtail frames but eventually decided that the Clockwork’s geometry (plus colour options and availability frame only) made it the best option for me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Blue and Orange’ is closed to new replies.