Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Bloody tourists
  • ambientcoast
    Free Member

I’ve spent the last 20 minutes watching people go backwards and forwards across this crossing holding up traffic while they have their pictures taken. It’s even winding me up from 250 miles away.

http://www.abbeyroad.com/crossing

MoreCashThanDash

You want to try covering the Peak District for work in the school holidays! I often have to drive really slowly around the countryside…. 😀

johndoh
    Free Member

Hah, and on the one bit I quickly watched, I just saw a cyclist undertaking a car and nearly taking four people out.

flatfish
    Free Member

Do normal traffic rules not apply there?
    Nobodies stopping for the pedestrians.

ambientcoast
    Free Member

I can’t stop watching. It’s like picking a scab. No wonder the traffic doesn’t stop readily – I’ve just watched one girl cross that road 5 or 6 times, each time pausing in the middle for a photograph.

Strangely, I’m seething.

ericemel
    Free Member

Ha I live close to here and think its great 🙂

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Try working on the Royal Mile, estimated 2M+ people a year, just wondering and wandering GRRR! actually worse than the tourists, who for the most part are quite benign, I reserve my wrath for the Tourist Guides, coach drivers and taxi drivers. They are so fn rude.

rocketman
    Free Member

It looks like Wolverhampton

Stoner
    Free Member

Used to live near there too, ericmel, and have a photo of my best men on the crossing just after our wedding up the road.

As for tourists, try cycling down kings parade in Cambridge during the season. More skillz required than Steve Peat.

zilog6128

Haha, that is weirdly compelling viewing. Watched it for a few minutes; didn’t see a single cyclist stop for peds on the crossing. Some cars oddly reluctant to stop too. The most dangerous thing though has got to be the people with cameras running into the middle of road on the zig zags just past the crossings!

ambientcoast
    Free Member

It was no different in 1969 by the looks of it –> http://www.retronaut.co/2012/06/abbey-road-1/

😛

ambientcoast
    Free Member

Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih9J1XfmTSg

Paahhhahahahahahhhahahahaha. 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

Please stop pointing out cyclists not obeying the law, its not PC on STW

As an aside a cyclist did an epic skid when I crossed the road the other day (at a crossing), I was quite impressed and glad he didn’t wipe me out. It was nice and wet though.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Been there done that, its part of a geocache to have your photo taken by that exact webcam while you’re stood there and yes my mum insisted on having her photo taken on that crossing as obviously everybody knows its from the Beatles cd cover.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

everybody knows its from the Beatles cd cover.

How old are you? 😕

kennyp
    Free Member

I live and work in Edinburgh which gets large numbers of tourists. By and large though I’d much rather live somewhere where lots of folk want to visit than somewhere no one does. The atmosphere in the city at Festival time is brilliant and if you do want to get away from the crowds there are still plenty places to go.

If you don’t like living with lots of tourists the the easy answer is to move.

CountZero

suburbanreuben – Member
    everybody knows its from the Beatles cd cover.

How old are you?
    Oddly enough, and this may come as a bit of a shock, but Beatles albums are still available, and still sell shitloads of copies every year.
    Otherwise, how else could you possibly explain why teenage tourists from all over the world would want to have their photos taken while crossing it?

Drac

Bank Holiday Weekend we went for a walk a long the one of many beaches, it was a red hot day so we knew it would be busy. Busy normally up here means a few people in groups scattered 100 of yards apart or more, it was rammed all the way right up the 2 miles we walked. I can honestly say it’s the busiest I’ve ever seen in it. What was to blame, well Robson Green doing his show on Northumberland, there’s been a big increase in general this year and talking to those I’ve met through work most say they came up after seeing the show. It’s brilliant to see although yes they clear out the shops of fresh food, clog the roads and make areas normal empty full of people it’s money for the area. Means more jobs too and generally just great to see.

zilog6128

Oddly enough, and this may come as a bit of a shock, but Beatles albums are still available, and still sell shitloads of copies every year.
    Otherwise, how else could you possibly explain why teenage tourists from all over the world would want to have their photos taken while crossing it?

I interpreted that comment completely differently!

burko73

Tourist/ Donkey rage here….

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/11253881.Calls_for_fencing_after_donkey_attacks_____but_tourists_blamed_for____ignoring_warnings___/

Only in the new Forest…

Drac – Wife’s a Northumbrian and we’re usually up a few times a yr for solitude after working/ living in the New Forest. Have noticed that it’s relatively busy thesedays over holiday times. But the pubs/ cafes have got better as a result.

Drac

Drac – Wife’s a Northumbrian and we’re usually up a few times a yr for solitude after working/ living in the New Forest. Have noticed that it’s relatively busy thesedays over holiday times. But the pubs/ cafes have got better as a result.

It has got busier over recent years, Harry Potter was another reason and being voted one of the best areas to live too in a few magazines. Yes thanks to that and the need to pull in business there’s a lot of pubs and cafes upped their game to good quality food. Amble is the really grasping this and becoming a rather pleasant town now with some cracking food venues.

MoreCashThanDash

Not been to Northumberland for 4-5 years, but last time we were at Bamburgh on a Bank Holiday weekend and you could count the people on the beach on both hands….

mtbfix

The father in law is staying with us at present, over from SA. He came with me to the tip today. He was so impressed by the big, indoor tip that he stood in the middle of the recycling area taking pictures.

Drac

Not been to Northumberland for 4-5 years, but last time we were at Bamburgh on a Bank Holiday weekend and you could count the people on the beach on both hands….

That was classed as busy too.

scotroutes

The Old Logging Way in Aviemore is my usual route into Rothiemurchus etc. In Summer and on BH weekends it’s so busy that I have to abort any attempt at getting a decent STRAVAAAAAAAAAAAAAA time!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Bloody tourists’ is closed to new replies.