Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bloody inset days
  • MoreCashThanDash

Lazy teachers forcing me to change my working days to fit in with Juniors inset. As if they don’t have enough days without the kids in a year. 😉

Had to endure stuff like this

[url=https://postimage.org/]image hosting over 5mb[/url]

Blue skys, 15°, dusty trails, empty cafes, happy son. It was hell I tell you! 8)

Sandwich

I feel your pain. Mrs S has had both carpal tunnels injected today and I’m enduring horrible conditions.

monkeyboyjc

I can’t stand inset days – usually day before of after a half-term or holiday. Why not do it during the school holiday so that It doesn’t cost the country 1000’s in missed days at work!! There are many things wrong with the education system in the UK and this is one of them.

Grrrrrr [rant over]

onehundredthidiot

Because if it happened in the holidays it would be work not holidays.

Inset days are infuriating for all.

oink1
    Free Member

Don’t ever remember having them when I was at school! 😯

tenfoot

^^ this

househusband

Bloody inset days

You might be surprised to find that many, if not most, teachers dislike inset days as much as parents.

Seldom are we given the time to actually plan, develop, create resources, etc., on these days; you know, the stuff that makes most difference on a classroom level.

martinhutch

The only thing that would be a little bit helpful would be for schools to coordinate so that they had the same inset days. I have kids in two different schools so have the equivalent of a week’s worth of inset days to cover over the course of the year.

matt_outandabout

@MCD – the swines!
    They even then pay me to come in a train them!
    #outrage
    #howverydarethey

ThePinkster

Don’t ever remember having them when I was at school!

If you left school before 1988 you won’t, no. A Thatcher government invention, this time implemented by Kenneth Baker, hence the original name of ‘Baker Days’ for them.

I still think of them as Baker Days.

The only thing that would be a little bit helpful would be for schools to coordinate so that they had the same inset days.

The schools round here can’t even coordinate their holidays, which is frustrating for both parents & teachers (please note I am neither but know those who are both)

matt_outandabout

The only thing that would be a little bit helpful would be for schools to coordinate so that they had the same inset days.

That would be a nightmare for both parents (everyone off on same day to do childcare), the childcare providers (see previous) and those of us who want to provide many days a year of training, not just 5….

househusband

I believe I’m right in saying that at least authorities in Scotland do have the same inset days whether primary or secondary; I’m guessing that profusion of different types of school in England poses the problems others have highlighted?

MoreCashThanDash

Sorry, this was meant to be an ironic celebration of a sneaky mid week sunny ride. 😕

Still, now you’ve all got it off your chests….

sam3000

Don’t have kids? That’ll sort it.

anagallis_arvensis

Sorry, this was meant to be an ironic celebration of a sneaky mid week sunny ride.

Looked awesome 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bloody inset days’ is closed to new replies.