• This topic has 35 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by oliwb.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Bloody Audi advert on here…
  • CountZero

Keeps demanding that I allow it to use my location to show me where my nearest dealer is.
    **** off! When I win the bloody lottery, I’ll find my own dealer, but until then, sod off.
    How to I switch the chuffing advert off, without coughing up £10/month for a subscription I don’t want?

scotroutes

£10 per year actually……

DezB
    Free Member

I thought it was only £9.99 per YEAR

scaredypants

I’m still waiting for my free Audi for my £9.75 per year ! 👿

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

£9.99 a year actually actually , Sub offer

CountZero

Yeah, sorry, per year, I was getting a bit miffed with a stupid box keep opening up demanding my location. It seems to have vanished now, no idea why it appeared, I’ve never done any searches for Audi as far as I can recall, and it’s the first time I’ve had an advert on here ask for my location, and it wouldn’t take bugger-off no for an answer, hence my getting a bit cross.
    Sorry ’bout that! 8)

teethgrinder

Filing cabinet ads are now popping up 🙄

Drac

Blame the Audi haters on here starting threads about them.

scotroutes

Was it that thread about faulty hubs on the Orange 5?

wilburt
    Free Member

I’ve cleared my cookies so back to the generic watch for serious looking male in scuba gear ads.

Edukator
    Free Member

Blame the Audi haters on here starting threads about them.

Or the Ohdy driving feds mods spamming the Ohdy haters.

bol

It reminded me to log in. Not before I became irrationally furious though. ****.

Mark

The Audi add is capped at 1 in 24 – which means it only shows up once in 24 hours.. and only on mobiles and tablets. It’s cookie controlled, so if you delete your cookies for this site it will pop up again. It’s only for a few days and it’s a spot buy.. which means the agency came direct to us and asked for it to be placed rather than it coming via the targeted ad networks. It’s all a bit ad mad at the moment as our site is in demand. It will settle down about a day before christmas as all the ad agencies go back to sleep for another year.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the agency came direct to us and asked for it to be placed

They clearly know their demographic! 😀

Edukator
    Free Member

Make hay while the sun shines.

Jamie
    Free Member

I thought it was only £9.99 per YEAR

How much? Bloody outrage etc etc.

wilburt
    Free Member

YouWe are……Audiman!

JulianA
    Free Member

Disappointed not to have seen the Audi ad yet. What do I have to do?

JulianA
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    They clearly know their demographic!

Don’t we all drive Audis already? I’m shocked!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Can we have a BMW add please, I’m more of a BMW man than Audi 😀

konabunny
    Free Member

Disappointed not to have seen the Audi ad yet. What do I have to do?

Earn more, you shocking pleb.

(I say this as someone who might be able to buy an Audi keyring at most)

JulianA
    Free Member

(I say this as someone who might be able to buy an Audi keyring at most)

Would that be the R8 keyring at £82 sir?

konabunny
    Free Member

I might have to give you half after Christmas in that case…

tomhoward

They clearly know their demographic! Audience!

Ftfy

Ah! My coat.

DrP

I thought it was a PSA?

I’ve now got an A4 and Q5 being posted out first class…
    Eek…

DrP

chip
    Free Member

Should go and take one out for test drive and then when the salesman asks what you think, say fantastic Shame I could not possibly afford one.
    Now we have both wasted each others time.

MrsToast
    Free Member

The Audi add is capped at 1 in 24 – which means it only shows up once in 24 hours.. and only on mobiles and tablets. It’s cookie controlled, so if you delete your cookies for this site it will pop up again. It’s only for a few days and it’s a spot buy.. which means the agency came direct to us and asked for it to be placed rather than it coming via the targeted ad networks. It’s all a bit ad mad at the moment as our site is in demand. It will settle down about a day before christmas as all the ad agencies go back to sleep for another year.

Cap doesn’t seem to be working, I’m getting the advert pretty much every time I open a tab for STW on my iPad. Not resetting cookies or owt. 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Cap doesn’t seem to be working, I’m getting the advert pretty much every time I open a tab for STW on my iPad. Not resetting cookies or owt.

Same here. I’ve bought 3 bloody Audi’s now, to see if that helps reduce the frequency, but no joy 😡

bearnecessities

Yup, Audi ad was asking me for location – I opened up from mobile and was logged out; got asked twice, once for each page, before I logged in and breathed a sigh of ‘P’lief..

Crell
    Free Member

Yep, I’m not using the ipad on the site now because it was driving me mad. It was being served constantly yesterday (and I really don’t want an Audi).

wwaswas

Crell – you know you can turn it off?

john_drummer
    Free Member

I test drove an a4 avant once. Sales man didn’t come on the drive, asked if I liked it. “No” was my answer. Don’t think he was expecting that.

I bought a 320d Tourer in the end

robdob
    Free Member

Browsing for 10 mins or so I get the request to share my location with Audi (why, so you can tailgate me nearer home???) about 10 times.

molgrips
    Free Member

I suspect they simply have some tool that counts the number of references to their brand on social sites. It’s apparently not clever enough to know we are mostly taking the piss 🙂

They’re probably patting themselves on the back as their ad got lots of mentions on the first day 🙂

MartynS

another one here.. seen it 3 times today already, not cleared cookies recently either.
    it is bloody annoying…

and before anyone says become a premier member, I’ve tried, twice.. they obviously don’t want me…..:-(

oliwb
    Free Member

Does no one use adblocker?

Edit: that’ll be AD block er – what an awesome toy

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Bloody Audi advert on here…’ is closed to new replies.