Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 231 total)
  • Black Friday deals
  • toby1

Or November 27th deals, or stuff you have seen as a good deal this week, call it what you will.

I seem to recall the thread being a lovely combination of consumerism, consumer hatred and random stuff last year so pitched perfectly for the forum really.

For me this week it has resulted in the impulse purchase of another pair of trainers from the Nike site – additional 30% off the sale price with code FSN15 (so assume for sale products only) . Use it, or don’t your right to free choice is not being interfered with here.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Yep good call….I’m waiting to buy a TV for the in laws on Friday and a camera for me!

cb

Camera will be bought this week but also already raided the Ultimate Outdoors Black Friday deals!

Tracey

XT 8000 disc brakes at Evans. £64.99 each end and a £20 voucher back.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Theres a few from Rapha, not sure if they’re available to the proletariat though 😆

I’ll check it out but some jerseys and bibs are in there for sure.

jekkyl

I’m on the lookout for a new espresso machine south of £100 please, if anyone spots a decent sale bargain.

binners

Black Friday? Known in the trade as ‘Shifting the shite thats been clogging up our warehouses all year, as no ****er wants it, because its crap and overpriced’ Friday’

ElShalimo

Jekkyl – look on MSE website. There’s a link to espresso machines at low prices in the Black Friday section

digga
    Free Member

I really don’t like retailers suddenly cutting XX% (45% on the INtense sale banner as I type this) off their selling prices and making out this is some great deal for consumers.

What about your customers who bought before the offer, or the people who don’t need your product yet, but will do? Seems a really hackneyed way of going on, other than for seasonal/annual goods, where you’re simply trying to shift end of line stuff.

midlifecrashes

Not much help as the deal has already expired, but I’m waiting in for delivery of my new phone, a Moto X Play at £199.95 from Amazon. Spotted the deal on HUKD.com

convert

Trying to work out if my DGAF attitude to this whole black Friday business is a healthy lack of consumerism, poor budget management or an indication of too much disposable income available.

Either way I just cant GAF.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Theres a few from Rapha, not sure if they’re available to the proletariat anyone who isn’t stupid enough to spend £340 on a rucksack, a few pairs of socks and a wallet though

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ Awe, fanx 😀

frogstomp

Moto X is down to £199 with free cover selection on the Motorola website..

maccruiskeen

In case we haven’t all learned anything from last year – this is not like Dress Down Friday. Nobody is expecting you to turn up at work looking like Al Jolson (again).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What about your customers who bought before the offer, or the people who don’t need your product yet, but will do? Seems a really hackneyed way of going on,

It’s actually more about balancing demand.

March/April-September you can fairly reliably sell bikes and outdoors stuff. Especially new/shiny stuff. So your factory/logistics/shops all need s teady supply of those products. Come October no one wants anything, it’s cold outside, it’s miserable, there’s no daylight, so all those sales dry up.

So you cut your prices to generate a similar volume of sale through the lean months.

It also works in maximizing your sales and profit overall, you could sell at 30% off all year round, but why would you? If the market will pay 142% then that’s what you charge, once all that market is gone, you knock 10%, off and sell some more to those who can now afford it, and so on and so on until you’ve sold them to everyone you can whilst till making a profit. Those that buy at the start don’t get ripped off, they’re simply paying more to get stuff sooner the best example of this computing, you could buy a super computer in a server rack today for £20k, or you could buy a desktop PC with the same spec in 10 years.

Black Friday is the opposite, it’s the retailers slashing their prices in order to bleed consumers dry i the knowledge that there are no more paychecks between now and Christmas, so if they don’t then they lose out on the Christmas spending. You could view that cynically, or you could view it as the capitalist system working in the consumers favor to give really low prices just when they want to buy stuff.

Milkie
    Free Member

Gizmodo are pretty good with the Black Friday sale & HUKD.

Philips Wireless £100 headphones for £29.99.

beej

25% of everything at Sunglasses shop, plus 8% off at Quidco (if it allows both).

Just bought some Oakley Carbon Blades that I never could justify buying before as a little job leaving present to myself.

nemesis
    Free Member

Looks like ebay is swamped – I can’t buy on there (and it’s not even a black friday item 👿 )

brakes
    Free Member

looking for a laptop as ours is about to implode…. anyone know of any good sites?
    also got a £25 Rapha voucher so might get a sock or full team sky kit for that….

Rubber_Buccaneer

turn up at work looking like Al Jolson

I had to ask my granny to explain that to me 🙂

Milkie
    Free Member

Brakes – I got an email from Ebuyer about this Laptop for £290
    I have no idea if it is any good.

wwaswas

I had to ask my granny to explain that to me

Not your mammy?

iainc

a top from Bamboo clothing and a bottle of Haig Club Whisky on Amazon – expensive 15 minutes… – better ask the Boss to give me them for Christmas 😳

brakes
    Free Member

Brakes – I got an email from Ebuyer about this Laptop for £290
    I have no idea if it is any good.

thanks – looks like what I’m looking for but it seems it’s being sold £50 cheaper elsewhere.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I wish I actually needed something so I could get involved. Even maybe want something as a passing fancy. But I don’t.

nemesis
    Free Member

Since when is that a barrier to buying? Be a good consumer and just buy, buy, buy!

I’ll bet your frame isn’t the latest colour colourway… 😉

tonyplym
    Free Member

GoPro Hero3+ Silver with clip-on bacpak battery pack for £149.99 @ Argos

footflaps

I wish I actually needed something so I could get involved. Even maybe want something as a passing fancy. But I don’t.

+1

It’s worse than Trick or Treat – a whole festival dedicated to consumerism.

toby1

a whole festival dedicated to consumerism.

Another one. One of the best things about this thanks giving period is buying yourself stuff just before Christmas then people as what you want and you don’t want anything as you’ve jut bought it for yourself anyway.

That and there are loads of deals on things you are buying for others anyway, so you can save on that other festival of consumerism this time next month.

footflaps

One of the best things about this thanks giving period is buying yourself stuff

If I had to list all my priorities for any holiday / celebration, buying stuff I don’t need would be right at the bottom of the list…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Moto X is down to £199 with free cover selection on the Motorola website..

brill – just trying to persuade the wife that this is the phone she wants, and I think the color choices will seal the deal 🙂

ElShalimo

@jekkyl – 50% of Illy espresso machines here
    http://www.espressocrazy.com/

toby1

buying stuff I don’t need would be right at the bottom of the list

Doesn’t your ‘bike shed’ have a log burner installed – nice but surely not essential?

😉

ElShalimo

It’s not all bad. I got a great deal on a Canon G16 last year when I was actually going to buy one anyway. If you want something specific then you might find it at a good price.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Wicked are doing 25% of Bosch laser measurers

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Bosch-Plr-40-C-Digital-Laser-Measure/p/143017

Useful bit of kit if you’ve got to measure bigger things with either no help or useless help!

soobalias
    Free Member

while on the one hand i cant abide this tosh….. in the last three weeks I’ve mortally wounded the cooker and the dishwasher committed suicide. seems daft to not keep my eyes open for a deal (bottom of the range slashed by 80%) but lets be honest even the cooker is optional.

konabunny
    Free Member

I had to ask my granny to explain that to me

Not your mammy?

I raise my hat to you. Also, I wave my white-gloved hands in your general direction.

footflaps

Doesn’t your ‘bike shed’ have a log burner installed

Nope.

mattyfez

Almost pulled the trigger on a pair of these boots today, offer on till midnight.. Tried them on in store thisaft as I work near one.. Nice boots!

Boooits

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 231 total)

The topic ‘Black Friday deals’ is closed to new replies.