• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bivvying & wild camping photo’s
  • kona_uk
    Free Member

Right, in just over 2 weeks I will be doing some bivvying (for the first time) with plenty of wild camping thrown in too….

So lets see those photo’s of inspiration please….either the scenic views or the laid out wild camp site. 😀

montylikesbeer

On the trotternish ridge a few years ago, 4 hours after this was taken a right b^^ger of a storm came in and it all got a bit grim, good trip though.

druidh
    Free Member

One of my favourites..

coffeeking
    Free Member

I was going to go wild-camping a month or so ago, but 2/3 of the way to the planned stop a storm blew up and both of us ended up drenched and cold, decided it was better to head back to civilisation than spend the night shivering in a tiny tent!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

druidh, that’s fantastic. Where is it, if you don’t mind telling?

Surfr
    Free Member

Rubbish photo of my Integral Designs Unishelter at the lake on Pumlumon a few years ago.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Kings How looking towards Skiddaw:

montylikesbeer

On the side of Skidaw

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Pieface

I’m doing a night in a month or so. Staying near Ennerdale but prepared to drive round to Seathwaite to walk up to Sprinkling Tarn which I hear is nice. Would also like some alternatives nearer to Ennerdale though. Had a quick look and the following look resonably Ok, but anyone got any experience of the following locations along the Red Pike / Haystacks ridge above Buttermere?

– Floutern Tarn
    – Bleaberry Tarn
    – Blackbeck Tarn

Thanks

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Snowdon last July, started out very nice and sunny….. Just to show you that you dont always get the views you hope for 🙄 That said we loved every minute of it and its a great story 😀

Nick

Spinkling Tarn is gorgeous, when there is no one else there, v.popular wild camp spot.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bivvying & wild camping photo’s’ is closed to new replies.