Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Bit of Help please from Bolton Locals
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Basically I’m looking for some direction or a map of some sort on a route i wanna do tomoz.

Now I will be coming up from Horrocks Fold onto Belmont road and then taking a trail up onto scout road. I know i go onto a track called Coal Pit road, but then how do i get up to the Transmitter? Will then be coming back down the San Marino descent.

Help appreciated.

lowey

Up Horrocks fold and skirt past the farm. take any of the man made trails after the gate as they all end up at the car park on Scout road.

Take a left along Scout Road for about 300 yards then turn Right up Coal Pit Road Here.
    Climb the Road to the gate at its summit on your right Here.

Lift over gate and then follow the obvious path up onto the access road. Its a nice climb actually with only one really boggy bit.

Watch on out San Marino… its ripped up to buggery.

lowey

Oh, and I dont recall seeing an application to ride on my land from you ?

Standards are slipping tsk tsk.

Have a good one!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Cheers mate. And I’ll ask now before i go out. “Please can i have a run out on your land” I’ll let you on mine the Jumbles area!

Been reading your blog also, very funny. Don’t think your that far from me. I’m in Harwood.

I’ll take it easy on San Marino as I’ve never rode down it, only ever walked up it.

lowey

Good luck mate. Yeah not far from us. We are only in Sharples.

easygirl

Lowey, your land my arsse 🙂
    It’s all mine

lowey

How VERY dare you. Its a well known local FACT that its all mine!

sefton
    Free Member

chapeltown – (so Jumbles is mine) 😉

binners

We’re riding San Merino tonight* after a jaunt through the gardens and up to the pike. It was cut up last time. Is it bad Lowey?

Worth avoiding? If its really bad, I might consider a different route. It looks like its going to be pretty bloody windy up there tonight

* Permission from Lord Lowe pending

reboundsuspension
    Free Member

Perhaps you could join our group on facebook ‘Rivington MTB’
    Loads of riders from the Rivington area on there now
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/rivingtonmtb/

wors

We’re riding San Merino tonight

Didn’t know they were that kind of sheep 😆

San Marino is still good fun, just plenty of bog monsters to get you now.

lowey

Private group Rebound.

Where you based ? I need a RP23 and Rev servicing soon ?

lowey

How did you get on bwfc4eva868 ?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Lowey,

I had a card from reboundsuspension left on my windscreen when parked at the Barn before Christmas.
    According to his card, he’s opperating from a home address on Pennine Rd in Horwich.

… and we’ve been through all this before. Wilderswood is mine ‘cos I’ve even planted a flag, secured with my broken ribs.

Junkyard
    Free Member

at least I get the chorley side and lets be honest that is all that matters 😉

lowey can you add me please to the group
    ta

wors

at least I get the chorley side and lets be honest that is all that matters

Chorley, if you haven’t got 6 toes on each foot, you’re not welcome 😛

Junkyard
    Free Member

gives me better grip for pushing 😉

MrSparkle

Just so we are all perfectly clear on this – Darwen is MINE

geoffj

chapeltown – (so Jumbles is mine)

Bollocks – you can have the Wayho, but I’m (was) Bromley Cross, so the Jumbles is defo mine! 8)

If I had to run around the bloody thing when I was kid, I’m defo having it as my playground now!

Junkyard
    Free Member

no one esle wants its Mr Sparkle so I think it is safely yours 😉

Ps there is some good riding over that way if you can keep up with him

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Junkyard,
    I’m launching a hostile takeover bid for Wheelton Plantation
    Standby to repel boarders 😈

Vortexracing

Mayb it makes his SS’ing more pleasurable?

San marino is really cut up, but great fun. Did it last Sunday with some darwen woods added for extra length.

Brisncall plantation is a bloody mess, and the goit is the worse I have ever seen it.

All this riding in $hite during winter will make us riding gods by the time the dry, hot dusty summer comes round 😉

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

hallz
    Free Member

Im also Bromley Cross and i’m claiming the witton weavers way and the roller coaster around Turton & Entwistle reservoir as mine!

Anyway Lowey, i hope the guy that started the thread is good on 2 wheels or he may have preferred to carry on up Coal Pit, follow the path around the farm at the end and then go up the mast road! The old tramway that you sent him up will set him up nicely for coming down San Marino!

globalti
    Free Member

Watch out for lumps of ice falling off the Winter Hill mast.

MrSparkle

Im also Bromley Cross and i’m claiming the witton weavers way and the roller coaster around Turton & Entwistle reservoir as mine!

Ho ho ho, I don’t think so…

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Forgot to reply because i’m silly! Went up early Friday morning. Was a nice run out to be honest. Was just blowing out of my arse by the mast as I’d not been on the bike for a while.

Also did it again monday evening and then ended up at No Name pub in Harwood for a few pints :)off now till saturday, so get to have a blast out.

Don’t know wether to go up again or have a look round Enty, is there anything mildly interesting there? Only ever done it at ight on the path round the res. Even tho I’ve live in the area for 26 years, I’m still exploring by bike and wondering what i can ride and what not.

Any suggestions?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Bit of Help please from Bolton Locals’ is closed to new replies.