Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bikes Stolen in Hexham: Update
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Following this thread:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/another-bike-theft-keep-your-eyes-open-in-the-ne

I’ve now got more details:

Items stolen from shed in Hexham on the night of 23rd October 2012

1. Giant NRS carbon fibre. Full suspension. Large frame Black with white writing “GIANT” and “NRS”
    avid juicy 7 brakes.
    New hope hub rear wheel
    Maxxis high roller rear tyre
    Continental vertical front tyre
    Frog eye rear light and mount for front light
    Bontrager stem
    Hope headset
    Suspension forks on front have been changed from this photo to 120 ml travel rockshox recon fork
    WTB saddle (battered)
    Thompsons seatpost (worn in places)
    Frame is worn by brake cables (esp around head tube)

NRS by ir_bandito, on Flickr

2. Giant Defy 4 large frame road bike. As manufacturer specs except shimano SPD pedals. 10 days old. Like this:
    White frame w
    White frame with black and red trim…see also:

http://www.ashcycles.com/site/giant-defy-4-compact-2012-15percent-worth-of-free-goods

Defy4 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

3. Genesis IO singlespeed. Large frame.. White seat. Shimano brakes. Bronze colour.
    Like this bike but with Fox float 100ml travel forks (grey and blue. The forks in the photo of the giant NRS above). Black chain tensioner. Paint chipped in places:

iO by ir_bandito, on Flickr

4. Specialized Rockhopper. Blue frame with yellow forks. Ladies saddle. Similar to this one:
    17 inch frame

Rockhopper by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Keep your eyes open. Drop me an email if you see anything and I can pass the details on. Actually, since I’ll not be around next week, if you do see anything, post it up here and I’ll get Paul to keep an eye on things.

pipnet1
    Free Member

Will keep an eye out. Really annoys me when I see his happening. Also reminds me why I keep the two expensive ones chained to a ground anchor.

GrahamS

Will keep an eye open. Take it he is scouring eBay, Guntree etc? That is how LabWormy (another NE local) found some of his stolen bikes.

(And yes, I am now browsing ground anchors!)

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Nightmare no where is safe 😥

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Update: The Spesh has been rcovered

Found by workmen dumped in locl woods.
    So sort of good news. Also implies it was taken by locals, rather than Geordies driving in specifically.

Sadly the local rag got the rest of the descriptions completely wrong:

http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk/news/news-at-a-glance/news-in-brief-1.1008476?referrerPath=news

(read the top paragraph only – local rag wesite isn’t up to much…)

LabWormy

That’s good news.

The local police told me that they believe most bike thieves in our area do not use vans, but get away on the bikes.

I’ve got a shed bar across the shed doors now. It has resisted bolt croppers at least once (shame the windows were another weak point :oops:)

{Edit} At least one of the local police I’ve dealt with were quite sniffy about the car boot sale at Blaydon Rugby Club on Sunday mornings, so it may be worth a trip out there.

I also suspect that scrotes are not as bad at spelling as some on make out, and the mistakes are actually on purpose to fool automated searches, so (as another victim has said this evening) make any searches as generic as possible.

paul4stones

Typical Courant!

Good news about the Spesh though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bikes Stolen in Hexham: Update’ is closed to new replies.