• This topic has 35 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by BFITH.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Bikes stolen! Halifax…..
  • BFITH
    Free Member

Just got home to find shed door open… both bikes gone. 👿
    2015 YT Capra AL1 (black and green)
    2015 Dartmoor Primal Hardtail (Black and red)
    Photos to follow – on phone with police now.

Please keep an eye out those of you in Calderdale.

Supposed to be in morzine next week… grrrrrrrrrrr

Photos To follow

ElShalimo

Sorry to hear that, which part of HX are you in?

BFITH
    Free Member

Barkisland…Looks like neighbours both sides were had a go at too. Nothing stolen from them though.

BFITH
    Free Member

Capra…..now with easton grips (lime green) and oval chainring…otherwise standard

BFITH
    Free Member

Datmoor Primal frame with Sektor DPC coil,
    Superstar AMX wheelset,
    XTR shifters,
    XT derailleurs,
    SLX cranks,
    Reverb,
    Renthal Fatbar

ElShalimo

Twunts! I’m in Stainland and will keep an eye out.

Put it on Calderdale MTB Facebook page it might help.

GregMay
    Free Member

Balls. Will keep a look out Hebden way.

BFITH
    Free Member

Thanks guys….looks like im uninsured too 😥

funkmasterp

That’s really shit. There are some real scrotes out there. I don’t live nearby but will keep my eye on Gumtree, Pinkbike etc. Can you borrow a friends bike for the trip?

BFITH
    Free Member

Can you borrow a friends bike for the trip?

Been offered my Nephews 5 29er… either that or hiring one at great expense.
    Or take my rucksack and walking boots 😉

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Agree about getting it on Facebook. I had a couple stolen and someone found my Orange Clockwork for sale on Dewsbury Market. I’m in Lightcliffe and will keep a look out.

BFITH
    Free Member

Posted it on pink bike and Facebook already. Will keep an eye on gumtree etc.

oink1
    Free Member

Good luck being reunited OP 🙂

Speeder

I’ve got a DH bike that could be cobbled together if you’re not too hard on equipment and could pick up/collect somehow from Cheltenham.

It’s a bit old (2004) and small wheels but it’s pretty much bulletproof and lighter than you’d imagine.

Looks a bit like this but I may have swapped a few parts. You might have to find a seat as that one’s on my hardtail at the moment.

BFITH
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer speeder…very kind! Think I may be sorted….

Speeder

No worries – offer is there if it fall through – it’s just ornamenting the garage wall and has been for a couple of years.

Forgot the pic –

ahsat

🙁

Keep an eye on findabike as you can pull ads from Gumtree, eBay and Preloved into one place.

BFITH
    Free Member

Keep an eye on findabike

Thanks… will do

It seems they arrived on our estate by taxi at around 12:30, checked every car door/shed door/ garage door before getting to mine and taking the bikes. Theres CCTV footage (albeit from a long way off) of them making their escape on my f***ing bikes! 👿

alibongo001

Not trying to be a detective – but is there anything to say which taxi company they use? Might be worth a follow up to see if they logged the start address?

(Feeling a little apprehensive – this happened a bit to close to Hipperholme where I am!)

Best of luck finding them!

jaylittle
    Free Member

I’m just the other side of queensbury and work near ainley top so will also keep a look out.

woody2000

Brighouse here, will keep an eye open. Shared your FB post in my local MTB group too. Not exactly run of the mill bikes so hopefully easier to track down, fingers crossed you find them!

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

will keep an eye out huddersfield area, dont see too many capras.

if you use strava, definately worth hiding your address/place of work/friends addresses etc

on settings/privacy/
    Hide your house/office on your activity maps.
    bang in your postcode and set the radius

mark90
    Free Member

bang in your postcode and set the radius

Don’t do this. Create a few overlapping privacy zones that cover the area around your house/office. Makes it a little harder to tell where you might live.

BFITH
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice and shares… Strava already has overlapping zones. Maybe need to set the radius larger. Couldnt pick out the taxi firm from CCTV footage. I would think thieves must be local if they rode home.

vincienup
    Free Member

I have wondered about this. The radius thing works fairly well in very urban areas, but the lower the number of surrounding houses the worse it gets. Never starting GPS at home would fix it, but I know I gather data on commutes for personal training so I understand why that doesn’t work. I’ve gone for defaulting all rides to ‘private’ and publishing anything I want to share later (which won’t start anywhere near home). Live Segments pretty much kills this idea too, but my Tour doesn’t support them.

woody2000

Will be up around Barkisland/Krumlin this weekend thinking about it, will have a look around whilst I’m there.

BFITH
    Free Member

will have a look around whilst I’m there.

Thanks… you never know 😉

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

thanks mark90 good point, less built up areas definately setup a privacy zone based on a few local postcodes.

a ground anchor and chains/cables will hopefully stop the opportunist.
    reminds me i must move my hacksaw indoors.

wl
    Free Member

Another pair of eyes on the lookout for you here in Hebden. Hope you get them back. Unless you’re hitting jumps on DH courses, your nephew’s Orange could be good if it has decent kit and strong wheels. If it’s the new Stage 5, it’ll be awesome (no consolation for bikes nicked though, I know).

BFITH
    Free Member

hitting jumps on DH courses

Try and avoid jumping if I can! I’m sure the 5 (old 29er) will be fine for my requirements. will take a bit of getting used to after the capra….

ElShalimo

@BFITH – ygm

We’ve got a ground anchor and a good lock and chain from Pragmasis.
    Clicky

BFITH
    Free Member

Elshalimo – ygm

dienamic

If I were you I’d be driving around sowerby and sowerby bridge a bit with a keen eye out. They’ve ridden home from yours, and got a taxi there – I’d make them 5 mies away tops. Draw a radius around your house and go visit any council estate in it. I’d say any in the valley would be more likely, lazy **** are less likely to ride them uphill, they’ll have rolled straight home and straight indoors

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that mate. I experienced the “I’m sure I left it here…” thing for the first time last Saturday. 👿

BFITH
    Free Member

“I’m sure I left it here…”

I know what you mean… horrible feeling. What you lost?

BFITH
    Free Member

lazy **** are less likely to ride them uphill, they’ll have rolled straight home and straight indoors

I tend to agree… although i was thinking that they may have come from afar, parked their own car up somewhere, and got a taxi Barkisland to avoid getting caught on CCTV.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Bikes stolen! Halifax…..’ is closed to new replies.