Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Bikes stolen at LLandegla saturday
  • project
    Free Member

Just saw this on the oneplanet adventure web site.

Homepage

Last Saturday, 07/01/12, at approximately 11.30am, 2 bikes belonging to visitors were stolen from the bike racks on the decking here at Coed Llandegla Forest.

The first bike taken was a Specialized Enduro Pro (As pictured above). It has some chipped paint on the forks, marks on the handlebars where lights have been positioned, Cedric Garcia tyres, two spokes missing out of the rear wheel and recently had new brake pads fitted.

The second bike was a White Santa Cruz Nomad. As soon as we get a picture and description of the bike we will update.

The bikes were taken at the same time by two men, working together, dressed in cycling gear whilst the decking area was bustling with people. It was obviously a premeditated and planned theft. Unfortunately, neither bike was locked.

If anyone has any information relating to the where abouts of these bikes, please get in touch with PC 2294 Beth JONES of North Wales Police
    Tel 01492 517171.

kimbers

when we are at llandegla last my mate locked all our bikes together, i thought he was being overprotective,
    obviously not!

scumbags

project
    Free Member

Would peeps leave a laptop or mobile on the table outside when they went for a coffee.

NO.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Hope they turn up chaps – its so easy to get complacent and forget that there’s scumbags about

project
    Free Member

Wasn there today, numerous nice bike just left outside, no lock or chain,but one chap took security seriously he locked his keys and bike in his van with keys in full view on the front seat.

Hope you got them out safely as when i returned your van had gone.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Not locking your bike in a public place isn’t unfortunate,it’s an invitation.

shanta
    Free Member

Tossers, a few bikes have gone awol at Cannock too recently. Hope they get caught – not that the rozzers will do f*** all!

skywalker
    Free Member

I know its harsh but it serve them right. Leaving your bike unlocked anywhere is damn stupid.

shanta
    Free Member

Who wants to carry a hefty lock with them though either, its sad that people have to be so suspicious when enjoying a day at the trails, bring back hanging…….

skywalker
    Free Member

I know, sad innit.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Feel sorry fo those that have their pride and joy stolen but seriously – leaving bikes unlocked and unattended anywhere??

I see the same at Whinlatter, bikes propped against the railings and left unlocked – as shown, way too easy for someone to dress the part and just walk of with one, who is going to look twice?

Locks aren’t that heavy, especially when you consider the 3L of water and assorted bollox we all cart around…

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

if theres two of you though? theres no excuse i dont think. learn you.

project
    Free Member

You carry a load of stuff in your vehicle , why not add a lock and chain as well, just ride back to the vehicle pick it up nad ride back to the cafe, and use the lock, one decent chain can lock a few bikes up/

donsimon
    Free Member

if theres two of you though? theres no excuse i dont think. learn you.

If I rearrange these words to make a sentence, do I get a prize?

Why can’t One Planet or whoever is responsible provide lockable docking stations or something? Ten bob locks your bike to the frames and is returned when you leave.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

If you were a bike thief where would you go???????Trail centres thats what i would do.People are off guard there.

nmdbase
    Free Member

They do to!

nasher
    Free Member

I find it amazin gthe amount of expensive bike left unattended and unlocked in trail centre’s,…and I am one of them…no longer!!!

I also think these trail centres should design the cafe’s and bike docking so everything is in view, or in lockable compound or something…

kinda666
    Free Member

Was up there today, took a lock with me today after seeing the bike theft article, only takes a minute to fetch it from the car!

elaineanne
    Free Member

thieving scumbags…. far too many bikes are going missing lately…. we all need to have a ‘tracker device’ built into our bikes !!! 😉
    when are trail centres going to have cameras ???? why not ???? it makes sense…

rickmeister

I use a ski lock, its pretty small and light and its only job is to move the culprits on to an easier target…. Think Aldi / lidl sell them occasionally… also this is one reason I have a van to put bikes in…

In a crims mind, trail centres are a shopping area, the place to go to get stuff so its hardly a surprise when stuff goes. The surprise is (and I have done it myself at GT), the trust that it wont happen as we are all bikers… Obviously dressing up as bikers is a sort of disguise and helps blending in if they have they brass neck to try it…

Hope you get a result and your bikes back..

project
    Free Member

CCTV is now so cheap, even dummy dome cameras are a deterent, along with a cctv camera monitioring the entrance exit of the car park.

donsimon
    Free Member

far too many bikes are going missing lately.

I guess that as demand for decent second hand parts increases, supply has to increase too. Just a thought.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

project – Member
    CCTV is now so cheap, even dummy dome cameras are a deterent, along with a cctv camera monitioring the entrance exit of the car park.

they have a CCTV camera covering the area in front of the decking, no idea if it works/ records

nwilko
    Free Member

unless they were taken by force, i dont see why the police should be obliged to do anything at all.. waste off their time..
    if you want to keep valuable property look after it..if you cant be bothered to do that serves you right.

DT78
    Free Member

I also use a ski lock, if they have a set of clippers they will be through in seconds, however hopefully they will just go for the unlocked bike next to it…

carlos
    Free Member

Well not everyone is taking notice, just got back from a night ride there and after getting changed went for a brew. There must have been 20 bikes all just leant on the tables and woodwork around the decking area. Its not the most well lit place at the best of times.

Feel for the guys who lost the bikes, as nobody deserves to have anything stolen, but you do have to be sensible

My cars worth less than my bike and I always lock and check that before I leave it anywhere

smartay

Having had to bikes nicked from my own garage I know that sinking feeling.
    However, the above posts seem to condone the theft, whether the bikes where locked or not it is taking someone else hard earned property.

C’mon wheres the anger!!!

cloudnine
    Free Member

At least take your seat post and front wheel in with you if parking up for a coffee / snack at trail centre cafe..

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Bikes stolen at LLandegla saturday’ is closed to new replies.