Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Bike van insurance recommendations?
  • ferrit
    Free Member

Morning folks,

On the hunt for a bike van along the lines of a 6-seater VW Transporter.

The insurance on these seems to be a bit on the high side from the normal companies, but I suspect there are some decent van insurers out there with better deals.

Anyone care to recommend any?

Thanks in advance!

RenagadeMarmalade
    Free Member

We went with Brentachre they specialize in van insurance and accept modified vans. We kitted out our transporter as a camper with space for bikes inside.

piha
    Free Member

Try VW insurance services.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rickmeister

Direct Line here…

nellyp
    Free Member

Brentacre +1 on my Tranporter

amplebrew

rickmeister – Member
    Direct Line here…

Direct Line for me too.

We had our Kangoo and then Vito insured with them with and got a good deal – £325 fully comp with protected NCB.

The premium was pretty much the same for both vans even though the Vito was worth more than double what the Kangoo was.

I found that the problem insurance companies and vans is that they keep wanting to pass you through to their commercial / business dept even though it’s being used as a private vehicle.

legend
    Free Member

Was that through DL cars or vans then? They wanted £1100 off me for a Kangoo!

amplebrew

legend – Member
    Was that through DL cars or vans then? They wanted £1100 off me for a Kangoo!

It was through DL cars, although they originally wanted to pass me through to their commerical dept.

It was only after making a big deal over it being used purely to carry bikes and the dogs on trips out and holidays that the car dept dealt with me.

I’m 35 with a very low risk job / postcode and 5yrs NCB.

We have house insurance with them as well, which I think lowers the price.

ferrit
    Free Member

Good stuff folks – pleased to see figures slightly more sensible than the prices I was getting back!

legend
    Free Member

Just tried their car site, much cheaper!

amplebrew

legend – Member
    Just tried their car site, much cheaper!

That’s cool 8)

squealer
    Free Member

Adrian flux

coatesy
    Free Member

Had a pretty decent deal from Churchill on my Caddy(even covers work use as long as you’re not in the motor trade), not so sure about the £114 extra quote to cover me if I swap my original VW alloys for a different set though.

andrewh
    Free Member

Got a people carrier with a bed/storage/bke rack in the back.
    Just ticked the box for modifications/interior/seats removed on the meerkats then rang the cheapest to see if they were OK it.First one wasn’t as it was a modification I had built myself, next one Swiftcover were fine with it. £330 fully comp (29, 5yrs NCD, clean licence) Adding my other half was prohibitivly expensive though, she had a total loss crash 18 months ago and no-one is interested in insuring someone with history in a modified vehilce.

steveh

Try CIS and NFU. You’ll have to call the national farmers union (nfu) rather than doing it online but they’ll do you a private car policy on a van and the cover is great.

earbyphil
    Free Member

I did the annual trawl last month and ended up using the Post Office!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

cheapest one from the comparison sites

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Bike van insurance recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.