Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bike travel bag / case recommendations please
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

What bike bag / case (either hard or soft) so you use?

I’ve currently got a basic on-one soft travel bag with wheels – which I’m struggling with as I find it pretty hard to manouvre. I’m short and not that strong, so find the case to difficult to lift, move around, and most of all keep it upright!

Does anyone gave any suggestions for a soft or hard bike case / bag which meets the following criteria:

– stable and easy to manouvre (especially onto trains and around airports)
    – easy to pack your bike into – especially a road bike (don’t mind taking off pedals / seat post etc off)
    – compact and light
    – suitable for small framed bikes

Cost not a primary issue if I can find the perfect bag, but don’t want to waste hundreds on something if it’s not right.

So – any suggestions / recommendations?

barn
    Free Member

the standard CRC jobbie got my shiny road bike to Nice and back, but I added heaps of extra foam/card etc.

met a guy at the guy airport who swears by one of these bike box £130.

redfordrider
    Free Member

I have two of these http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/accessories/bike-travel-cases/product/review-evoc-bike-travel-bag-10-39710 . Excellent bit of kit. However, you need to buy a small adapter for road bikes.

rickmeister

Have a google for bike crate…

I have one an its pretty tough and bike size, unlike a mahoosive floppy bag…

HTH

Vortexracing

Evoc for me as well Sue

Used a Neil Pryde for a few trips but the Evoc knocks the socks off it.

most of all keep it upright

Thats one of the reasons I got the Evoc, the wheels are much further apart and it’s so much more stable.

It’s also smaller than others.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bike travel bag / case recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.