Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Transition Prototype Bike Theft Please Help…
  • igrf
    Free Member

Hi, Sean has just rung the office to say they’ve just had four bikes stolen in Monmouth Town centre, one of which is a totally unique Carbon frame Transition Covert, it is literally the only one of its type in the world and they, the Transition Guys Kyle and Sam are very eager to recover it.

If you could help by repeating this info as far and as wide as you can we’d much appreciate it, it’s a bit of a blow ahead of the Transition demo day at the FOD on Sunday.

The bikes stolen are a Bandit 29 in Pewter
    A Bandit Med 29er in Black
    A Small Covert in Blue with white wheels

And the yellow Carbon prototype, which wasn’t really meant to be publicised just yet.

Any help you folk can give us would be very much appreciated.

nols
    Free Member

WE NEED TO FIND THESE BIKES.

richc
    Free Member

I guess you need to start driving around some estates then, putting up posters for £500 reward no questions asked

althepal

Yargh!! Nottebest product launch!

wwaswas

2nd just having a cycle.drive around the area for the rest of the day.

Do any of the local police/pcso’s have twitter accounts – a lot near me do – tweet them direct with details or a link to this thread.

alfabus
    Free Member

one of which is a totally unique Carbon frame Transition Covert

If I help find it, can I have a reward in the shape of a:

Carbon frame Transition Covert

?

pretty please?

richc
    Free Member

Seriously, posters in local cash converters with photos and a large cash reward no questions asked is the only way you will get these back anytime soon. Might be worth trying some local pubs, and off licenses as well

Its wrong to reward them for nicking them, however you don’t stand a chance of seeing them again anytime soon otherwise.

nols
    Free Member

Get these back and you’ll be looked after, trust me. Met and rode with Kyle and Sam yesterday, they’re really, really nice guys and anyone who can help really should. Unfortunately I live 3 hours from Monmouth so I cant be of much use today. Get out there and look guys – Rewards will be offered.

igrf
    Free Member

alfabus – Member
    one of which is a totally unique Carbon frame Transition Covert
    If I help find it, can I have a reward in the shape of a:
    Carbon frame Transition Covert
    ?

pretty please?

I’m sure they would be very very grateful and that might not be totally out of the question, it’s the only one they have, it’s not due to launch until next year and there are still refinements going on with it.

They’re still in Monmouth right now, but obviously these bikes are the sort that will show up in trail parks or on ebay so if we can prevail upon everyone here being vigilant maybe we’ll get lucky..

Much appreciated.

Rickos
    Free Member

Monmouth local, so I’ll keep an eye out.

neninja
    Free Member

There seems to be a plague of thefts of distinctive one off bikes which never seem to resurface.

What with Nigel Page having his collection of bike stolen last month and Joe Barnes had a prototype Orange pinched at Fort William the other day too.

It would appear that enough fuss was made over Joe’s bike it got returned. Hopefully the same is true of these bikes.

nols
    Free Member

Can everyone please hit up Facebook and twitter where possible. Lets get these back.

BoardinBob

Monmouth town centre is surely covered by CCTV?

Chances are the scroates are already well known by the police.

druff
    Free Member

Have retweeted Tony’s original saying the bikes had been stolen. This is just shit, like you say Nols Kyle and Sam were genuinely nice people to spend a day with and so very enthusiastic about the bikes they’re making. They were really looking forward to their visit to FOD too, as well as trips to other areas of the country, looks like some scrote has put paid to that though.

I’m too far away from Monmouth to be able to offer any help today but will of course keep a look out, particularly for the yellow covert, it was a lovely bike.

Such a shame – let’s get these back.

igrf
    Free Member

Couple of pics I had from yesterday at Herts Shore

{Pics removed at Transitions request! – Mod}

toys19
    Free Member

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. V nice.

I am ashamed of the UK that these guys have come over here and this has happened. It would be easy to blame the welsh but it’s bound to be some swindon scumbags… (Joke ok, Joke)

I’m also ashamed that they were not told that if you are travelling in Britain with nice kit, you have to eat, shit and sleep with your bike. Sean, Tony? You naughty boys. 😳

Joking aside, I really really hope these come back. I’m a transition-o-phile, there is nothing better than buying a bike from a company where you email for tech information and one of the owner/designer/riders replies with all the skinny.

davidxbrown
    Free Member

Im down the road in Ross so have cross posted on FB will keep a look out and spread the word also.

burt
    Free Member

Agree with toys What a shitty impression of this great country that must give.

BoardinBob

Do bikes not get stolen in other countries?

Chainline
    Free Member

Have reposted everywhere I can. it is sh@t. Having been on the recieving end of such a theft, one off bike, totally unique, didn’t even look like other bikes, never surfaced. I know how hard it can be to recover BUT. if enough of us get the word out, maybe…

Stevelol
    Free Member

That’s terrible news but WOW I was hoping this new Transition carbon would be a covert, it looks amazing, internal cable routing too!!

Trimix
    Free Member

Carbon Covert……………that will be my next cycle to work bike sorted then.

igrf
    Free Member

Thanks for every ones efforts, hope to meet some of you this weekend at FlyUpDownhill, maybe over a beer. No sign of any recovery yet, but a Blue Transit was spotted entering and leaving the car park fairly swiftly. Unfortunately there is no CCTV in Monmouth so no recourse to security tapes, but the bike is so unique it could well yet surface.

This won’t effect the Transition free uplift deal, there are dealers turning up along with coaches who may be persuaded to swell the demo fleet, I’m bringing up another couple of Coverts so it’s only a Bandit 29er we’re short of, so not totally the end of the earth, the Carbon bike was not supposed to be seen and would have been locked away anyway.

It’s fun riding with those Transition guys a mix of fun and information, should be a good day despite this tragedy and thanks once again for everyones help with twitter, Facebook and word of mouth, we really appreciate it.

mamadirt
    Free Member

I am ashamed of the UK that these guys have come over here and this has happened.

Yep 🙁 . I’ll keep an eye out as I’m not too far away. Lovely looking bike too.

druff
    Free Member

Been thinking about this on and off throughout the day since I learnt of it this morning. It’s just such a shame that their enduring memory of this visit will be this, rather than all the other stuff they got up to while here.

I hope that they (and you) have a good day at the Forest of Dean.

Really, really hope they get all of the bikes back too of course. I thought that carbon Covert was really pretty when I saw it on Wednesday, I hope the theft won’t screw up the product development cycle too much.

float
    Free Member

the Carbon bike was not supposed to be seen

i feel kind of privileged having seen it before the photos got deleted. looks really amazing by the way 😉

getonyourbike
    Free Member

i feel kind of privileged having seen it before the photos got deleted. looks really amazing by the way

Same here.

widge34
    Free Member

I live in Monmouth and have posted photos of bikes on Twitter and Dirt mag have also on Facebook and Twitter. Will be riding tomorrow and Sunday so will keep an eye out, but my guess is these bikes are out of Monmouthshire by now.

steve0pd
    Free Member

Same blue transit that has been seen at Cwmcarn and following people home….

Really hope you find the bastards and get the bikes back

mrelectric

Hi,
    Sorry to hear this. I see these are already posted on the new FB Stolen Bike group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/stolenb1kes/

Best of luck.

crush83
    Free Member

Did these surface?

igrf
    Free Member

No, sadly not, which wasn’t the worse of it, it came just as our insurance was at renewal and we obviously had no choice but to notify them, now they refuse to cover un attended vehicles with bikes on board, which, given we’ve never claimed before in twenty odd years we find pretty annoying and limits our ability to do demo’s.

So all in all a bloody disastrous incident.

grantway
    Free Member

Do you have a PIC ?

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Transition Prototype Bike Theft Please Help…’ is closed to new replies.