Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • bike storage? show me yours…
  • NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

A few too many bikes now but need to sort some better storage dont have much height but would like to hang them from the wall to save floor space. Anyone recomend a good way to do it to get as many bikes into as small a space without scratching them everytime i take one out. Need some good solid cheap hooks I think…

Stoner
    Free Member

shed v1

shed v2

postierich
    Free Member

Not perfect but I,m not that precious about my bikes rubbing each other!

PC300040 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Cheers guys potierich thats a lot of bikes in small space im sure I could get one out carefully!

Stoner Shed V1 has bikes at an angle looks good why not like that in V2?

Looks like same wall mount hooks in both garage / shed what are they?

mountainchub
    Free Member

I can only dream of a workshop shed like that – who knows what the future will bring 😆

Stoner
    Free Member

45deg herringbone was to give more space in front of the bikes in V1 shed, V2 shed is deeper so I have enough space to hang them at 90deg.

bongo136
    Free Member

Seems a bit stupid to be posting up pictures of how/where you store your bikes on the internet guys…..

postierich
    Free Member

Just as stupid as posting pics of bikes in back gardens 🙄

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/show-me-your-hardtails

PGreen
    Free Member

No, no. He’s right. Someone might be scoping out Stoners Huge WD-40 can or perhaps his extensive hammer collection…

Stoner
    Free Member

Keep away from my hammers, bitch.

postierich
    Free Member

Stoner stop being precious about your on ones this is the way to park/store them!

DSC00472 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

A few in the front room

Stoner
    Free Member

and how am i going to find my pile of gas pipes out of that lot rich?

…at least not without a special label on eh? 😉

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Some nice storage set-ups there,I’ve got 4 bikes myself & stuggle for space.I must admit though I’d be very wary of keeping them all at the same place,ie in the shed,if some thieving scrote gets in there you’ve lost eveything.My own shed got broken into last Feb,some tools got robbed but the bikes were’nt in there.I keep them in the house with the wheels & seatposts removed.

Stoner
    Free Member

if you live in the kind of place where you have to think that, then fair enough. Some of us dont.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Stoner, that is quality. I love your setup!

Had a similar thing in a spare room but after moving, it’s been a nightmare lol.

This summer I’m hiring the A-Team!

skywalker
    Free Member

davidtaylforth, by the looks of that tray, I would say you have been smoking illegal substances.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Thing is,in 19 years living here that’s the one & only time the sheds been done.Was’nt just my shed all the neighbours sheds got visited.Just glad the bikes were stored in the house

tops5
    Free Member

davidtaylforth, by the looks of that tray, I would say you have been smoking illegal substances

You also need a new couch

pedalhead
    Free Member

Stoner, how are you finding those ebay workbenches? Mine was rather flimsy & I had to screw it to the wall & the floor to make it useful.

Alex

Blurry picture as it was cold when I took it!

Current "Bike Hang" by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Been like this for nearly 3 years. Works great.

Stoner
    Free Member

Been like this for nearly 3 years

Has it bollox, Al!
    You never keep a bike longer than 6 months 😉
    There’s probably still 8 bikes hanging up, but theyre all different ones now!

Those are BigDug benches. I havent needed to bolt them to the wall, I havent even screwed that oak worktop down either, and they havent shifted – and they get a fair bit of abuse in there when Im “tinkering”.

jbwilliamz
    Free Member

These are far too neat…

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Cheers for the pics guys, going into the garage now…….. i may be some time!

br
    Free Member

Alex – surely that is a time-shift photo, but very good as I can’t see the lines 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

davidtaylforth, by the looks of that tray, I would say you have been smoking illegal substances.

Bullshit, its not performance enhancing. I use anabolic steroids and amphetamines to unwind.

sc-xc

Bike bit…(bikes take second place!

Through the gap…

therag
    Free Member

therag
    Free Member

The least used gets pushed to the back

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘bike storage? show me yours…’ is closed to new replies.