Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Bike related tattoos
  • redthunder
    Free Member

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

‘ve been thinking of getting a chainring mark on my leg like the top picture above.

The first time I read this, I thought you were taking the pi$$. Now I’m not sure. Please tell me it’s so.

cinnamon_girl

😆 @ redthunder.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much at one thread, hahahaha! Keep them coming 😆

shortcut

Hmmm! Think this could be a regrettable move!

london_lad_liam
    Free Member

i have a tat on my leg not strickly bike related but kind of is
    [/img]

GlitterGary
    Free Member

The Frankenstein bolts set it off quite nicely.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

dirtygirlonabike> i think i love you

rOcKeTdOg

i’ve seen many bike related tatts http://www.flickr.com/groups/498605@N25/

but DGOAB’s has got to be the best i’ve seen so far

nickf
    Free Member

Jeez, I’ve seen it all.

Cable discs, Eggbeaters…..if I were having a bike-related tattoo I’d have some seriously top-notch componentry on display.

SSBonty
    Free Member

agreed, DGOAB is pretty much the best I’ve seen on the web.. can’t tell from the shot is it an arm or leg?!

Gary_C

How about ‘Spesh’ on your wedding tackle? Then, when you’re aroused, it could unfurl to become ‘Specialized’ – how cool is that?!

Done that. When mine unfurls it says ‘Specialized 2004 S-Works Enduro Full Susser’

8)

gator
    Free Member

For all the tattoo and On-One haters 😀

seven
    Free Member

Shame I don’t have a picture of mine – it’s pretty cool 8)

DickieS
    Free Member

P1000138

This is mine, not particularly special to anyone else, but drawn myself, lots of significance to me for various reasons and simple…did it 5 years ago and still love it.

nb. Couldn’t seem to get the photo to show even after following forum instructions….although I am a bit IT illiterate too.

langy
    Free Member

http://cyclingtattoogallery.blogspot.com/

Who’s that with the ST logo??!! 😯 :mrgreen:

Gonna get another soon – nothing bike related though, the inspiration isn’t there for one with that basis.

I echo what has been mentioned above though – go find a good tattooist. So worth it. My nex one is gonna be done by a place that *apparently* has links to a Hells Angels type bikie gang – sounds, silly, but have you ever seen one of those guys with bad ink (that isn’t from whilst doing time!!! 😆 )? But seriously, the girl there that did some work on a friend did an amazing job. Mine is gonna be quite small, which is why it needs to be done well or it will look a total mess.

DGOAB – who did that for you? talking of good tattooists, that is very crisp and clean, beautiful.

And those that dislike them, fair enough, no big deal. Those that like them, that’s cool too. Those that have them, I hope the clarity of the work lasts and more so the meaning behind them.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Liking the one of Eric that rocketdog posted 🙂

SSBonty, mine is on my inner arm from wrist to elbow. Was only going to be something very small to begin with and then the design flowed until it became much bigger!

Langy, a guy called Alex from tribe tattoo in Edinburgh. Most of his work is usually more skulls and bigger type pieces, but he’s very good – didn’t need any touch ups to it.

Almost everyone I meet comments on it, which is nice but also a bit strange to have random people looking at my arm. I dated (briefly) a bloke who had his meat and two veg tattooed. Didn’t look good and he had a habit of showing people when he was drunk.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’ve never laughed as much before! I’ve been inspired to get a tattoo of a bar end on my forehead.

Haha, you couldn’t make some of those tattoos up.

Except someone already has…

😆

I_Ache
    Free Member

I quite like the idea of a chainring arc (not the full ring) on my right leg in black and a rotor burn on my left leg in red.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Great minds think alike, fools seldom differ.

Olly
    Free Member

wouldnt have something that can be dated (BB5s)

something diagramatic, they look good i think.

i toyed with the idea, and every time i have, ive ended up with stitches in the place where i would have got it.

thought about a chain ring tattoo, and endedup with 28 stitches in my leg from burying the chainring in my calf.

then though about a bike on hand tattoo, and landed on a piece of slate, and got 5 stitches there.

i dont think about it now.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

As much as I love bikes, I have to admit to not really liking bike tattoos, probably because I don’t feel they transfer well as an image for body art – they’re too fiddly and spindly.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’d quite like a brake disc on the side on my calf, sort of like a burn mark.

Olly
    Free Member

bigyinn.
    why not just mtfu and whack your leg firmly against your rotor after a paticularly epic descent? 😉

nickc

Who’s that with the ST logo??!!

Mark.

You know the chap that runs the place with Chips. Him what makes all this happen.

bigbob38
    Free Member

I want a bone – broken in 2 on my shoulder where I broke my collar bone 😀

Not been brave enough yet though!!

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

3rd cat tattoo’s ……f’ck me, amazed that anyone thinks any of these look good.

As for that avid cable disc and livestrong sprocket…….genius.

tazzymtb

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I do like tattoo’s but **** me, these are verging on people taking the pi55 out of themselves, if they think these look good, would hate to see what their bikes/homes/cars look like.

It does make me wonder what people are thinking……

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Bike related tattoos’ is closed to new replies.