Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bike rack advice required (Thule and Pendle options)
  • Chazzle
    Free Member

I have placed an order to get a Thule 9106 bike rack for the back of the car, as it seems to be sturdy as hell and it doesn’t need a lighting board. However I have now been informed that they don’t have any left in stock and they have recommended a pendle strap on 3 bike rack, which is cheaper and they say is brilliant. Has anyone had any experience with these two or is there anything out on the market that is wotrth considering? I just want something that is really secure and easy to use.

Ta

mrsflash
    Free Member

We’ve not tried a Thule so can’t compare, but we’ve had a couple of Pendles and they have been fantasic. Would thoroughly recommend.

saltpig
    Free Member

Had a pendle for about six years, a bit agricultural, but simple and bomb proof, abused the hell out of mine and it still works fine.just remember if the bikes foul the lights or number plate you DO need a lightboard

eviljim
    Free Member

Could you not get it from some ware else? I would have thought the Thule 9106 would be more compatible with different bikes. I don’t think the pendle would work for my bike for example. one of the bike mags rated both very hi recently.

lostinspace

Another vote for the Pendle strap on here – I’ve had one for a few years now and am very pleased with it after many trips to France with three bikes on the back.

I dont need a light board for my car (Renault Scenic) but you may need one for something smaller. As eviljim says check to see if it will support your frame – I think most hardtails would work, but some full suss designs might not.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bike rack advice required (Thule and Pendle options)’ is closed to new replies.