Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)
  • Big Bike Bash, thanks for your support
  • redstripe
    Free Member

Just to say many thanks to those off this forum who attended the BBB event last year and helped raise funds for the charity UK Youth, it was all invested back into cycling infrastructure for young people at the Avon Tyrrell centre in the New Forest. There’s a couple of articles about this here and here.
    Hope many of you can come along again next month.
    cheers

singletracksurfer

i’m going (again) 🙂

julianwilson
    Free Member

We are going again, as are a couple of other friends with their families. Really looking forward to it, it has consistently been a real giggle for all including kiddies, even when it rained! Hoping to better my 5th place in pint-to-pint race this year. 8)

@Avontyrrel, how’s the jumpy track gone down with the yoof this year? I had a few very nervy goes last time, but spd’s/disco slippers and RS Sid are probably not the best setup for it!

soma_rich
    Free Member

We really want to make it, looking at our finances now…

redstripe
    Free Member

Hope you can come Soma Rich, play dodge the flying mule bar etc. Jump track been good but think of it as more of a steeplechase now after past few days rain, nice swimming pool at the bottom.

mattbee

Wife and I will be coming again this year as long as there are tickets left when I get paid at end of July. Had to hold off booking due to 2 weeks on SSP…. 😥

ciderinsport
    Free Member

I’ll be there, making sure you all can find your way round the course by spending 2 days before you get there hanging tape from the trees! And that you all complete the laps by following you all round 😀

If the weather is nice, I will spend a few hours floating in the lake making sure the kids can get out again 😯

And when you all go home I will be spending a couple of days making sure all of this dissapears!

But am only one of a team who make this happen! It really is an ace weekend – can’t wait!

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh yeah, forgot about this.. it is tempting 🙂

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Oh and I nearly forgot, for all the kiddies, I can confirm the craft tent will be massive this year! We have a 4m x 8m marquee for this purpose 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

For the 2 lap race I will probably set up the beer table at the road crossing again in case you get thirsty on the second lap.

Clink

Going again (every year so far) 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Me too!

ciderinsport
    Free Member

just got word a few of these guys are going to be there too 😉

Mountain Mayhem 2012 007 by Newforce Photos, on Flickr

Might even do a race or 2!

http://www.justgiving.com/team-SUMO

luke
    Free Member

I’d like to go but a lack of job means a lack of funds, so i’ll see how it goes.

singletrackmind

I think I am supposed to be running an individual mountain bike persuit race round the kids course .
    and sorting the ale and cider

mandog

1st year I can’t make it. mate is getting married arghhh.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

singletrackmind – Member

and sorting the cider

Can I place my order now 😆

DrP

Tickets just bought!!!
    Cheers for the reminder,

DrP

peteimpreza

DrP email me if you need digs

brokensoul
    Free Member

We’re coming down. I booked it in January.
    Will there be room for some Ossett Brewery beer, if I can make a bit of room in the van?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

brokensoul; – we have a very welcoming bar…

brokensoul
    Free Member

I know that, I think I can dig out a couple of beer tokens from last year, if they’re going to be redeemable.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Thanks for reminding me about the beer tokens. We lost / people collected quite a few last year and the rest went to our occasional poker night so we will need to buy some more. Unlikely to be the same design unfortunately.

Gunz
    Free Member

We’re going for our second year and bringing along a further five families, can’t wait.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Glad to hear you like it Gunz and glad to hear you are recommending it to friends.

Still trying to keep it fun and a party.

Last year was the first year we actually had to enforce our 500 ticket policy (well it was loosely enforced).

This year we are already close to the threshold.

DezB
    Free Member

me and my boy will be there. not missed one yet and have no plans to do so!

DezB
    Free Member

doublepost

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Gunz – Member

We’re going for our second year and bringing along a further five families, can’t wait.

Looks like there might be a need for a prize for the best / biggest camping display 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Can there be a loudest snoring category. All the years I have been there and I have never won a prize!

redstripe
    Free Member

Some other BBB news;
    Straw bales booked, proved a hit last year.
    Have asked Cycling Team UK Youth guys along, not sure who’ll be there as depends on race schedules.
    Ringwood Brewery beer confirmed.
    Bands sorted, no dodgy 6o year old shouty industrial types showing inappropriate films as last year.
    CTC / Shoretrax bringing their mobile track to play on.
    Dumbleton Park guys doing taster skills sessions on the gravity, pump and northshore areas.
    Will update further

Muke
    Free Member

All the years I have been there and I have never won a prize!

You win most loved bloke with a super soaker every year…

We hope to be there again this year.

Some BBB photos from last year 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

nice link. I think this is the “After” photo for they guy crashing on the run up to the lake jump:

DrP

^^
    When I initially looked at that, I thought it was a close up of a really lumpy leg (Bum being the knee…)

DrP

Clink

If anyone is interested we had a 14 person lodge booked for the weekend which is now up for grabs. E-mail in profile.

http://www.avontyrrell.org.uk/avon_lodge_plan.pdf

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Clink – just got back from Avon Tyrrell and they said about the lodge too. If it is being rebooked I think it should be through them.

Glad to hear you are still coming though and look forward to seeing you again!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Hi Everyone – Clarified the situation with the Clinks. The lodge is indeed up for grabs and as a 14 berth beast you can get loads of mates to share the cost. This gives you a dry warm place to sleep with showers and a proper kitchen!

This is the only lodge now available and will go to the first person who claims it so be quick.

Contact Avon Tyrrell for prices and to book : http://www.avontyrrell.org.uk/page/contact+us.html

scaredypants

nice link. I think this is the “After” photo for they guy crashing on the run up to the lake jump

Complete loss of genitalia ?
    Nasty.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

^^
    When I initially looked at that, I thought it was a close up of a really lumpy leg (Bum being the knee…)
    DrP

So much for all those years of medical training. What a waste of time that was, eh? 🙄

Muke
    Free Member

I hope he managed to sort that skirting board out, it looks quite nasty 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Much better skirting in the freshly released Lodge*

*no-one heard the bump, right?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘Big Bike Bash, thanks for your support’ is closed to new replies.