Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Big Bike Bash – Buy Tickets Now
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just wondered if a less subtle tact might work.

AlasdairMc

What's this big bike bash then?

Sorry mate, can't make it – it's a few hundred miles too far away for me

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

A few hundred miles?

We have people flying in from the south of France for this event, it is truly international.

U2 have been banned because Bono is irritating if that helps at all.

rOcKeTdOg

how many people do you have/need to get?

AlasdairMc

Ok, my bluff has been called. My bike is in pieces and I can't justify driving from Edinburgh on my own with just my singlespeed for company. I think it'd be an excellent weekend though and I wish I could join you.

richtea
    Free Member

no

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Alasdair – This is the New Forest, SS is perfect. Loads of demo bike to try too.

RocketDog – We have enough people now to pay for everything. We are now all about making money for charity. We reckon the more people from here the better.

RichTea – Okay, no hard feelings but you are missing a beautiful weekend.

johnners
    Free Member

You should have mentioned it sooner, I'm already booked up for that weekend now.

rOcKeTdOg

We have enough people now to pay for everything

well that's good at least you haven't the stress of being out of pocket

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

johners – cancel, our weekend is better

No stress about being out of pocket, just organising 40 events in 48 hours with 5 people running it.

Any one know of a good commentary person?]]It is the only role we still really need.

sc-xc

2 not so good people obviously enjoying the weekend and having a laugh will be better than 1 good commentator….get a couple of mates to have a go.

All the best for the event, I realised long ago I was gonna be in France – hope it all works out for you.

johnners
    Free Member

Can't cancel, family thing. The BBB sounds good though, glad it's all coming together for you.

69er
    Free Member

I wish you luck WCA but £40 is a lot of money to me…

rOcKeTdOg

i can do some part time marshalling, but i will be doing some events too

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Hi Rocketdog – We are hoping to rope a few volunteers in for marshalling. We have arranged it so marshalling the events in the main arena will only take about an hour per session. If you want to volunteer, you spend an hour watching people do stupid stuff, keep score and then hand in the score sheet and enjoy the weekend. Nothing too serious.

Kona_ona – £40 does sound steep until you think about what your getting. 2 nights camping in the New Forest (£20 per night is less than some regular campsites). 2 day music festival (how much are they normally?). Entry to an XC race (about £15 – £20 normally), entry to another XC race, Entry to a night race, entry to the lake jump, entry to the slalom …. All for charity and over £10,000 of prizes mean you will probably win your ticket price back anyway.

Drac

I'd probably have come too but last weekend of my holidays and too far, I'm not single unlike Juan. Good to hear it's running well.

69er
    Free Member

Can I make a donation online?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

kona – If you want to make an online donation the easiest way to to buy a ticket but not turn up. Please put something in the comments when you buy so we know about it.

Donations of 1p, £10, £20 or £40 are possible this way.

😉

juiced
    Free Member

ticket ordered 😀

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Big Bike Bash – Buy Tickets Now’ is closed to new replies.