Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • big bike bash
  • singletracksurfer

what a superb event & wonderful, hard working people behind it all.

thanks soooo much from all the family, we all loved it to bits and will be back again (again).

if you have kids, you most go, if you don’t have kids work on it, or go anyway its
    great fun 🙂

mattbee

Flipping awesome weekend. Loved every minute of it as did my wife. Will be booking for next year as sson as possible. Just a shame we have to wait a whole year for the best event on the calendar.

basstronic
    Free Member

As above was fantastic great weather great people great venue 😀

ollieT
    Free Member

Fantastic event! One that a lot of other organisers could learn from. Will definetlly be back next year 🙂 thanks to everyone that made it such a great weekend.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Still here chilling on the camp site with a cold one and a fire in the Bbq bucket. Weather was stunning and the cider was cold and crisp. Cracking weekend as always.

ton

sad i missed it, glad you all enjoyed it…… 8)

Gunz
    Free Member

So good to see all the kids trying so hard in their respective races yet it being relaxed enough that there’s not floods of tears if they don’t win – wish I could say the same about my efforts in the Open.

DrP

To echo the above comments – myself, AND the wife and kid had a whale of a time!
    I think the xc course is a fantastic one – really good use of the grounds 🙂
    Great company (from those I know and strangers met at the festival) as always, and Nick keeping the spirit alive!!

And….as promised….I wore the mankini 😉

Does anyone know where we can see the Avon Tyrell photographs that were taken? Unfortunately I missed my lad giving the most surprised look as he won his balance bike!!!

DrP

Gunz
    Free Member

P.S. I got chatting to a bloke on the start line about his sweet Explosiv and my Hei Hei. His wife had a Singletrack top on so if he sees this I’d love to see a couple of pictures of the bike, it was lovely.

DrP

That be mr Poddy….

P.S. I got chatting to a bloke on the start line about his sweet Explosiv and my Hei Hei. His wife had a Singletrack top on so if he sees this I’d love to see a couple of pictures of the wife, she was lovely.

Not so sure He’d oblige on that one….

DrP

Clink

Another fab BBB. Back to some good music again as well this year – really enjoyed The Provokers.

Clink

Does anyone know where we can see the Avon Tyrell photographs that were taken? Unfortunately I missed my lad giving the most surprised look as he won his balance bike!!!

Your lads face was brilliant! Pics on http://www.mayafiddlerphotography.com I think.

thomthumb
    Free Member

had such a great weekend. sunburnt and smiling now.

heres what you missed.

CIMG2521 by thom1984, on Flickr

DrP

Cheers for the photo link.
    Nil of the lad as yet, but did find this….. His wife must be so proud…..

DrP

DrP

Also – A huge “Thank you” to the kind family/child who gave my Son his prize of a spider-man helmet (as his head was too big!!). He loves it, and that kind of generosity really sums up the ethos of the BBB!!

DrP

Clink

Also – A huge “Thank you” to the kind family/child who gave my Son his prize of a spider-man helmet (as his head was too big!!). He loves it, and that kind of generosity really sums up the ethos of the BBB!!

That was a friend of mine’s son at his first BBB; I’ll pass on your thanks 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

DrP…

You look better in that photo than you do from behind on the starting line. 😯

Jason
    Free Member

Well done everyone behind the Big Bike Bash, that was an excellent weekend. It has really grown into an impressive and unique event. I can’t think of any other event in the UK that encourages so many kids to get on their bikes, you put British Cycling to shame.

My only compliant was that it was all over far too soon. The kids want to go back next weekend.

When do the tickets go on sale for BBB 2013?

A few pictures of the lake jump:

DezB
    Free Member

Great weekend!
    Didn’t have the camera with me much, but took a few at the lake, maybe you can spot yourself if you did it. I know DrP will recognise himself despite being upside down 🙂

Small chap, made very happy!

and my lad
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J6-JzNogkI[/video]

More here

IHN

Another BBB virgin here, cracking weekend. Well done all.

Great venue, great atmosphere, good beer. Good music too; The Provokers on Saturday night were really rather good.

I was slightly gutted to have lost my heat of the giant slalom by, quote, “a nostril hair”. Curse me and my rigorous nasal grooming 🙁

IHN

Oh god, and of course, the Pint to Pint race. That was, erm, ‘fun’ 😯

singletracksurfer

traffic was an utter ‘mare getting home, but the kids were still so high, they stayed awake all the way home 😯

Loved that kids face when they won the balance bike, then they just took off on it.

My 7yr old lad is desperate to do the lake jump after learning to jump in the mulch pit. We couldn’t get him away from it all weekend. He ran up over 40 jumps. Dad was too chicken to do 1.

DrP

A few of my pics…..
    ‘Round the shore course!!
    [/url]

Just chillin’ innit….
    [/url]

Loving the hay!
    [/url]

Mid ‘junior race’ – I got an amusing/sad video of him being rear ended by a 10 year old, then bursting into tears 🙁 He just said “why did she do that??”. The ‘balance bike only’ race was much fairer!
    [/url]

Strider and (too small) helmet to be passed on, now he’s got his bling Early Rider!

DrP

Mike_D
    Free Member

The ‘balance bike only’ race was much fairer!

Aye — well suggested 🙂

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Well, I’m still here! (48 hours to go yet!)

Just about all of the stuff is down and packed ready for next year!

Thank you to everyone for being so happy and having so much fun!

When you see us at Mountain Mayhem next year in our sumo suits, you now know why we do it!

Cheers 😀

adi66
    Free Member

null

THATS MY BOY !

One of the proudest moments in my life as a dad so far ! a 4yr old on a Kicker into a lake… awesome.

Clink

Well, I’m still here! (48 hours to go yet!)

Just about all of the stuff is down and packed ready for next year!

Thank you to everyone for being so happy and having so much fun!

When you see us at Mountain Mayhem next year in our sumo suits, you now know why we do it!

Thanks for the hard work (although I was quite jealous of your ‘cooling’ position in the lake!). Particularly impressed that you swept the needles of part of the xc course. And I love your t-shirt!!

Jason
    Free Member

THATS MY BOY !

He did great 😀
    I have two more photos of him in the air before hitting the water, let me know if you want the hi-res images. My 7 year old almost plucked up the courage to give it ago, I think next year he will be up for it.

adi66
    Free Member

Massive thank you yo everyone involved in making it such a awesome weekend, the whole family had a blast.

… when are next years tickets going on sale ?

DezB
    Free Member

You have to wait until Number 1 & 2 have got their tickets 😀

SUMO!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u2eixtap88[/video]
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzlOGfZZM_w[/video]

Any photos of my boy doing the lake jump would be appreciated, as I only did the video 🙂

ciderinsport
    Free Member

SUMO video is ace – but not of me!

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, sorry only got those 2 sumos!

adi66
    Free Member

Dez,

Wanted to get Charlie a “custom” race number as loads of people seemed to know him by the end of the weekend ! 🙂

Is it the same weekend every year ?

adi66
    Free Member

JASON

Yes please. 🙂

Can you ping em over to me, email is in my profile.

adi66
    Free Member

I was following you for most of the first lap of the race…. filming with the Go-Pro on my head / helmet (why does that sound so wrong given the context of the above photo !

Once I’ve done the video I’ll pop up a link, should anyone wish to see Dr P’s rear ! 😯

redstripe
    Free Member

Still here and pretty much cleared up now thanks to the staff and volunteers who have worked so hard. Thanks also of course to all for attending and the great comments here. Should know soon how much raised for UK Youth.
    Got a few event t-shirts and bottles left, cheap cheap, if anyone missed out let us know

Thanks again all

adi66
    Free Member

Avon Tyrell

I’ll have a XL shirt if you’ve got one, and a couple of Kids ones… forgot yo get hold of one at the weekend I was having soo much fun.

redstripe
    Free Member

no problem, I can’t rememeber how much they were supposed to be as Anne’s list has been buried in a box somehwere but paypal a donation with a bit for postage to louis at ukyouth dot org and I’ll send out tomorrow
    cheers

Clink

Any medium adult or something for a 12 yr old (x2)?

JasonDS

What an awesome time. Just home after a little mechanical with the bus 🙂

Big thanks to all the organisers, volunteers and attendees – especially Keith, Amanda and Alfie! Oh, and the RAC 😉

My little 5 yr old now wants us to install a ramp in the garden after his lake jump!!

See you again next year!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘big bike bash’ is closed to new replies.