Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best winter road tyre ?
  • shaungero
    Free Member

As the title says what is the best road bike tyre getting around atm. I would like to know the best tyre with an open budget and also best value for money tyre. I think I will go with a 25 mm tyre this time around.
    Cheers

mtbel
    Free Member

Vredestein Fortezza.
    various versions available, main difference being toughness/puncture protection.
    great all season tyres.
    grip great.
    supple for a winter tyre.
    roll well.
    tough as you’ll ever need.
    and pretty light.
    good prices online.

don’t fall apart like contis.

lunge

I’ll 2nd mtbel’s suggestion. I have the Senso Xtreme version in 28mm. They’re cheap in 2 tyre bundles at Ribble at the moment too. Schwalbe Durano’s also get good reviews and are more of a value option.

You’ll get the standard suggestion of Conti Gatorskins as well, I dislike them with a passion but your view may vary.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Schwalbe Durano Plus Etape’s. They are bullet proof and grippy but wee bit on the heavy side. Halfords are knocking them out for £20.99 an end.

schmiken

I really like Vittoria Paves.

xiphon
    Free Member

Conti GP 4 Season – work very well imho.

oldgit
    Free Member

I like to try out stuff, for winter I never go expensive as you just never know what’s getting washed onto the road. Owning a ripped used once Open Pave is not fun.
    Used;
    Fortezzas as above, raced those as well.
    Rubino Pro both 23 and 25c
    Gatorskin utter utter horrible ride and gave away.
    Now on Forté 25c which seem nice, using as a winter/spring race tyre.

Kryton57
    sefton
    Free Member

I just bought the fortezzas from Ribble.some good reviews around.great price and service and too

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Steve Abraham is using Schwalbe One

anyone doing more winter miles than him?

shaungero
    Free Member

I’m going to give a pair of the fortezzas a go.have just orderd a pair from ribble. Great price plus you guys have said some good stuff about them too.
    Cheers

sefton
    Free Member

I got the way extreme version.

BenjiM

My Michelin Lithion 2.0 split all the way round on Saturday. It was a tentative ride home to say the least. Up until that point they were ok! Looking to try something cheap and different too! 🙂

captain-slow
    Free Member

Schwalbe Luganos £23 a pair off ebay. Not the best tyre in the world, but good enough for winter training and cheap to replace if they get shredded

simondbarnes

The Fortezza Senso Xtremes are ace tyres. I’m also trying a pair of the newish Specialized Armadillo Elites and have been pleasantly surprised by them

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best winter road tyre ?’ is closed to new replies.