Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • best satnav for eurpoean roads
  • turneround

off on a 5 week jaunt of europe next yr to catch some of the tour. I know nout about satnav for cars so was wondering if any of you folk know something about these you could help me out. simplicity and ease of use is the key!
    cheers

jon1973
    Free Member

Our TomTom has done job for the last couple of years around France. It has all the EU maps in it I think and the main routes in Russia as well.

alfabus
    Free Member

tomtom with western europe maps is great for me. I used to have a standalone one (which got nicked), now I have it on my iphone.

the lane helpers are very good for autoroute blasts to the alps when everyone else is asleep 🙂

Dave

imn

The now old model TomTom Go 950 Live is worth considering, depending on your budget. They can be had for around £200, and include all Europe and US maps. The new 1000 version doesn’t seem to be available with both continents, and the Europe version is dearer than the 950.

allthegear
    Free Member

Yes, I took a TomTom to the Alps and it worked really well, including some really minor roads. Even displayed the little road to Merlet above Chamonix for the run downhill from there. Was good fun!!

Have the TomTom app now on my iPhone – even better than the standalone unit as all the music gets faded out nicely and it locks on to a GPS signal really quickly – usually less than 5 seconds. Something to do with being able to use the position of the nearest mobile mast to resolve quicker.

Rachel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘best satnav for eurpoean roads’ is closed to new replies.