Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Best price/place for XT Cassette?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

As title 🙂

Where's the best place to get an XT Cassette now, quick search come up with £41.99 which is ok condidering but anywhere cheaper?? Been paid for some stuff by paypal so now burning a whole in my cyberspace pocket.

Did a quick search on here … what's happened to the search thing, first time I've used it for a while, it's all chaned, more like an internet search thing rather than a forum search and it came up with posts from a year ago whereas before you could choose the last 30 days or so 😕

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Bimey, I must brush up on my typing or check what I put before I post, it's been dreadfull lately, not just here …

'condidering' and 'chaned' tut! 😐

uplink
    Free Member

Not seen XT much cheaper than that but I reckon the SRAM Sram PG-980 is a good alternative to XT for about a tenner less

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I'll have a look thanks.

Oh yeah, that post that came up in the search from a year ago, they were £32 😯

Wish my pay went up by the same percentages that everything else keeps rising by?! 🙄

AndyPaice
    Free Member

uplink – Member

Not seen XT much cheaper than that but I reckon the SRAM Sram PG-980 is a good alternative to XT for about a tenner less

I just bought one from CRC for £35, and the ally spyder only holds the largest three cogs on it. The rest is a full steel cassette. Still feels a lot lighter than a deore steel cassette though.

Slogo
    Free Member

AndyPaice – Member

uplink – Member

I just bought one from CRC for £35, and the ally spyder only holds the largest three cogs on it. The rest is a full steel cassette. Still feels a lot lighter than a deore steel cassette though.

the xt cassettes are 6 on the ally spider and 3 seperate ones

br
    Free Member

SRAM ones are 50g heavier.

Get a new chain as well.

Merlin do a SRAM cassette with a SRAM chain or Shimano cassette with a Shimano chain…

So I got mine today from CRC, XT 11-34 cassette and SRAM PC991 chain for £67 – yes I could've saved a couple of quid, but needed other stuff too.

PJM1974
    Free Member

SLX is a good alternative for about £30 and 280g for 11-32T.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Slogo – Member

AndyPaice – Member

uplink – Member

the xt cassettes are 6 on the ally spider and 3 seperate ones

I got the SRAM cassette, just hoping it doesn't mangle my hope proII freehub

anc
    Free Member

Lex's doing them for £39.99 last time I looked

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

might be worth buying a pg990 sram cassette of the bay for only £44.50 posted not bad for only £3 morehttp://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=pg990&_sacat=See-All-Categories

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

SLX is the best weight to price value. SLX is more up to date than XT too- the last to get revamped.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Deore is best weight to price value for me!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+ 1 for the SLX

very XT-like but quite a bit less money

takisawa2

Does the SLX have an alloy carrier ?

(Pro2 hubs here & they dont like steel carriers).

4ndyB
    Free Member

Yes the SLX does have an alloy carrier but only for the 3 largest cogs XT has a carrier for 6.

Hope recommend XT & above.

Gruenermoench
    Free Member

http://www.actionsports.de/Cassetten:::599.html?XTCsid=7d67936f34bfcc70cb7339c44117abc5

Cheapest place in Europe for Shimano components. Very quick delivery to boot.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Best price/place for XT Cassette?’ is closed to new replies.