Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Best iPhone 4 case?
  • Rik
    Free Member

Thinking Otterbox Defender?

Any other recomendations or thoughts…..

GrahamS

Requirements? Are you looking for waterproof and indestructible or just something to stop it getting scratched?

For the latter I’ve been using the Speck pixel skin since I got it free with the phone and it’s been great.

Rik
    Free Member

Resistant to dropping mainly.

Two year contract so need to ensure it lasts the distance.

kiwijohn

I’ve got a defender, but it’s a bit sticky to get out of my pocket. Excellent protection though.
    Also have a Switcheasy Trim case. Nice & slim & easy to get in the pocket. Also saved my phone in a 5m fall to concrete. Not a scratch on it when I feared the worst. Recommend if you want a slimmer case.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I just use these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Stylish-Series-iPhone-4-4G-Hard-Shinny-Back-Case-Cover-Buy-2-Get-3-/180721481361?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item2a13d6f691

Just hard plastic, but the cracks I have had in them suggest they’ve stopped the phone taking a bash

trail_rat
    Free Member

my dads got a defender

i have a griffin survivor

much of a muchness really – mines slightly less bulky his probably offers more protection if you fit the belt clip on over the screen – not really a concern for me …

also get the sticky back plastic protection for it , even with the defender my dads got dirt inside and scratched the phone back and front – he is a builder though so his phones out in all weather/dust etc and it has outlasted any other phone he has ever had ….

mines still mint !

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Defender in a zip tie freezer bag for riding. Always put in your pocket with the screen facing in. Dont put keys etc in same pocket. 12/12 survived so far with lots of riding!

Rik
    Free Member

Does the defender/surviour double the size of the phone?

That switcheasy looks good too any others?

geoffj

I’ve got the Griffin Survivor. Its OK, but I find that the main button can get pushed really easy, leading to random voice activated calls 😳

bol

Having tried a few I now use a £1.99 silicone case from ebay. It’s done a good job of protecting it, and made it easier to hold, while lasting a whole lot longer than the various bumpers and crystal cases I tried before.

cnud
    Free Member

Got a lifeproof case in the States, awesome as it’s submersible and shockproof

geoffj

Those lifeproof cases look great. Anyone know of a UK distributor?

Rik
    Free Member

Still thinking the Otterbox is the one so far

Wally

I have an Otterbox. A1 for protection, but after 3 years the rubber flap which caps onto the charger port has split off. However still works A1.
    Recommended. It does quieten down the ringer a lot though.

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

The Lifeproof one looks mint.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuDerD9F3sQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

The otterbox does turn the phone into a brick yes.

convert

Think I’m going to get one of the those lifeproof jobbies – there is cycle mount on the way too. I think you have to order from the states though ($25ish) plus duty and tax and that makes it a £90 case!

luke
    Free Member

I’ve got a griffin as well. It’s ok but not as hardcore on the protection front as I was expecting.

PePPeR

My friend a builder has an iphone 3gs and he uses a case like the one below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BUGATTI-leather-Slim-Case-Pouch-Apple-iPhone-4-/280738325987?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item415d4ee5e3#ht_1756wt_1139

His phone is nearly 2 years older than my iphone4 and it looks far far newer than my 12 month old 4, which has been used with silicon and cyrstal cases.

I’ve not been too bothered with the look of my screen though as I dropped it on the first day I had it and it and cracked the top corner of the screen. To Be Honest I’d always thought hey ho, I’m sure something else will go wrong with it and I’ll get the screen sorted out at the same time and so far nothing else has gone wrong.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Beware that if using a defender case it won’t fit into a dock. The defender case is a tough piece of kit without affecting the usability of the phone

grievoustim
    Free Member

I put mine in a defender case (without the front cover thing) and in a freezer bag whe riding off road – with the screen facing in. It’s far, far too bulky for day to day use.

I just go naked the rest of the time – and don’t put anything else in the pocket it’s in. I’ve had it over a year and it’s still as good as mint.

I always carry a freezer bag in my coat pocket in case of rain though.

CountZero

I use one of the original free Griffin crystal cases with a front and rear clear gloss protector film on. As I use my 4 with a screen mount and CoPilot in the car, I don’t want the hassle of keep taking the phone out of a case. The phone’s been dropped a number of times and only marked the screen protector, and there are scratches on it from my habit of just sticking my headphone plug in my pocket as I wear ‘phones as hearing protection. I’m pretty sure if I take the protectors off after two years the phone will look like new.

righog
    Free Member

I have used one of these for about 4 months and phone still looks like new. They are not waterproof so i put it in a freezer when out on the bike. Access to all functions is great, it fits well into the car cradle, but struggles a bit in docking stations ( but i dont use them anyway).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APPLE-IPHONE-4-4G-HARD-SHOCK-PROOF-CASE-COVER-BLACK-/180641133235?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item2a0f0cf2b3

DrJ

I use a Seal Line case when going off road, but otherwise I cant bear to hide the phone’s beauty in some crappy plastic box 🙂

M6TTF
    Free Member

My specifications were mainly to stop general scratching and be unoticable. Bought a tunewear eggshell from play.com. Comes with a screenguard too, but it was anti reflective so swapped that for a normal clear one. It’s pretty tough too, extremely pleased. Not sure how well it would fair if you proper lobbed your phone mind.

daveh
    Free Member

Otterbox Defender for riding but its a bit much day to day, for that I use an Otterbox Reflex. Hard plastic cases are OK, by my reckoning they take the brunt of the impact but still transmit the shock. The Reflex has rubber corners to deform and reduce the impact.

trail_rat
    Free Member

They are not waterproof so i put it in a freezer when out on the bike.

thats a bit over kill innit 😉 do you stick it on a bob yak 😀

righog
    Free Member

They are not waterproof so i put it in a freezer when out on the bike.
    thats a bit over kill innit do you stick it on a bob yak

Don’t you ride in the rain 😉 glad i had it in there the other week when when when i did a flip into a small river, much amusing my mates.

Rain ruined kit count in this year :- 2 DX batteries (DOH) 1 cateye computer, 1 cheap (old) phone.

So freezer bags all the way for me.

GrahamS

I think trail_rat was just wondering how you carried the freezer. 😀

righog
    Free Member

Sorry should have made it more clear, I only use the freezer for training rides, and just a freezer bag when racing 😆

mbr30
    Free Member

Easy. Incase in clear. Best looking and fitting case I’ve seen

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Do you really need that sort of case? I make sure nothing else ever goes in the same pocket but use it without a case most of the time. If it’s going in a bag (commute or offroad) it goes in a £10 Exspect leather slip case). If theres a chance of rain it’s inside a freezer bag.

It’s a year old now and basically still looks like new.

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve got an otterbox and think it’s rubbish. The best one I have had in a very long time is the free Wiggle one. Water resistant and will take some falls!

M6TTF
    Free Member
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Best iPhone 4 case?’ is closed to new replies.