Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ben Lomond, last week in august, anyone up for it?
  • beefy

Visiting the outlaws up north and want to ride (down) ben lomond, any locals fancy coming along to scrape me off the floor?

Looking at the last week in August, will be driving through Glasgow if anyone needs a lift or something.

coylumbridge
    Free Member

funnily enough we have a group from Glasgow/West Kilbride/Ayrshire area thinking about this – I'll pass it on and see what they say. We've never tried it before although most have walked it. What day are you thinking of as it'd need to be the weekend for us ?

grumm
    Free Member

I can definitely recommend it 🙂 – http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ben-lomond-pics

As I said in that thread though, I would strongly recommend timing it so you are coming down pretty late (or very early) – it was very busy with walkers coming down as we were on the way up.

beefy

Can't be a weekend I'm afraid, mid week only, sorry coylumbridge

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I planned to do this soon so perfect opportunity. If you post up or mail me nearer the time I will get a day off to suit 🙂

beefy

bigdugsbaws, ygm. Does your user name mean big dogs balls? Nice. 😯

user-removed
    Free Member

Saw the original thread and was very impressed. I've walked up it with a camera rucksack stuffed to the gunnels but still much lighter than a bike. It'll be very hard work no doubt but certainly woth it for the down.

beefy

I love hike a bikes, did Helvellyn via a steep up route, was ace.

balfa
    Free Member

Nice choice of weekend. Its a bank holiday so expect it to be busy.

cupra
    Free Member

I think that's why he maybe said it had to be midweek?

beefy

I thought that the 30th was the bank holiday, or is it different north of the border.

Cheer up balfa.

coylumbridge
    Free Member

might be a bank holiday but not a general public holiday in Scotland

beefy

I am still looking for anyone up for riding the Ben next week, Monday, Tuesday or Thursday?

stucol
    Free Member

Was up the Ben today on foot for a sort of recon.

Taking the bike up on 30th. Probably at the bottom for 9:30am.

Now just to point out i am no racing snake ! But i will get to the top eventually.

Lots of hairy bits on the way down, the walking path obviously not designed to flow while on a bike. Some of the water bars look a right pain.

Trying to get pals to come but most are working. Hopefully this bodes well for it not being like Sauchiehall Street (as it was today !).

beefy

Nuts! I am back in rubbish old england then!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ben Lomond, last week in august, anyone up for it?’ is closed to new replies.