Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • being nice doesnt help
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

just seen someone comment on a girls facebook photo with ‘you’re not fat hun’… her reply ‘only size 26, might do something about it soon’

i dispair, if size 26 isn’t fat then i dont know what is!!

bellerophon
    Free Member

size 26 is fat…

being nice does help, more people should be nice

EDIT: in that context she’s not so much not being nice, maybe unhelpful…

xcgb
    Free Member

philconsequence
    Free Member

being a nice person yes, but being nice in the situation i observed would’ve been offering her help with loosing weight. some serious health issues going on and no effort or inclination to make herself healthier despite having 3 small children and no father in the house to bring them up if she keels over or slips into a diabetic coma.

dont get me wrong, i like being nice, but when girls or guys wanting a bit of bouncycastle action tell young mums who are size 26 that they’re not fat, its not exactly helping 🙁

Scapegoat

Bizarre tone there Phil….. It is possible to be nice to overweight people without wanting to shag them

bellerophon
    Free Member

Isn’t that what I said?

But I know what you mean, how do you approach it? I mean with my mates we’d say something along the lines:

Oi, you fat biffa, you need to lose to some weight.

which they’d either ignore or do something about, can you say that to a girl?

wwaswas

can you say that to a girl?

not twice.

messiah
    Free Member

Who watched my big fat fetish the other night… *shudders*

bellerophon
    Free Member

was that last week? thought it was tonight?

wrecker
    Free Member

Oi, you fat biffa, you need to lose to some weight.

which they’d either ignore or do something about, can you say that to a girl?
    Or Hellooooo; I’m well hydrated so fancy a wrestle?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Actions speak louder than words, buy her a bike:

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

People do have different ideas of what is overweight. My OH’s dad told me at the weekend he thought I was “big” and could stand to lose some weight – I am a size 12, which I think is fairly average, but OH’s parents are both skinny despite having healthy appetites, although OH’s mum is vegan so I guess there’s a limit to how much weight you can put on with that diet!

There’s a difference between thinking people should lose weight for aesthetic reasons and health reasons though, and at a size 26 I would have thought you’d be at risk of a lot of problems.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Or Hellooooo; I’m well hydrated so fancy a wrestle?

That’ll do, but how hydrated are you?

bellerophon
    Free Member

People do have different ideas of what is overweight.

There’s a difference between thinking people should lose weight for
    aesthetic reasons and health reasons though, and at a size 26 I would have thought you’d be at risk of a lot of problems.

Absolutley, but let’s not kid ourselves the 20+ plus sizes are anything than other overweight…

wrecker
    Free Member

That’ll do, but how hydrated are you?

My urine has no colour, smell or taste.
    I can easily maintain a heavy sweat for 3 or 4 hours.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Don’t wish to be rude wrecker, but whilst well hydrated, are you fat?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

My urine has no colour, smell or taste.

😯

Have you mentioned in the celebrity thread you go out drinking with Bear Grylls?

GrahamS

Weird innit?

I doubt many people would say “you don’t have a drinking problem hun” to an alcoholic.

philconsequence
    Free Member

it is a bizarre tone when going on my limited description of the people involved, but going by the chaps other comments on her stuff its painfully obvious he wants nothing but sex with her, she does pretty well at ignoring the comments and sexualised tone of his comments as a general rule.

i’m guessing it’d have been easier to just start a thread saying ‘is size 26 fat or not?’

i’m nice to overweight people all the time, look at the amount of time i spend on here being nice to people! :mrgreen:

Junkyard
    Free Member

people dont like giving bad news or saying things that may upset …clearly this is in the real world and not on stw where people reveal in bad news even with limited cause.

Phil you smell for example

I have no idea why you would say to someoen overweight that they were not overweight

wrecker
    Free Member

Don’t wish to be rude wrecker, but whilst well hydrated, are you fat?

No, ‘fraid not. I’m not a skinny runt either though.
    Up ‘ferrit?

philconsequence
    Free Member

Phil you smell for example

aye, tis true 😀 (beautiful of course)

maybe its ‘cos i’m used to being blunt to people with sensitive problems that when it comes to painfully obvious to the individual and the world around them problems i really can’t see the point of pretending its not there… doesn’t help anybody!

just spent an hour telling off someone twice my age because he’s acting like a child and expecting the whole NHS to make him number one priority over people with much worse problems than his, problems that probably weren’t self inflicted with the mental capacity to do so. if he had also been fat i would’ve told him that he’s fat and needs to lose weight lol

i’m pretty straightforward, the honest and blunt approach works because my patients know i dont mess them around and they can approach me and be just as blunt/honest about what they’re going through and what they need help with.

GrahamS

if he had also been fat i would’ve told him that he’s fat and needs to lose weight lol

Mrs runs diabetic clinics. She has to tell a lot of people that they are fat and need to lose weight.

A number of people are grossly insulted by this, or flatout deny being fat, or insist that they are fat despite only eating one lettuce a week and exercising every day.

Seems to be a disease of denial.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes I worked witha lass who was 24 years old and weighed more. She has bad knees and breathing problems. She did a written letter of complaint when her doctor suggested she loose weight and told the entire office about this inan indignat outraged tone. I was the only one to suggest he may have a point and it divided the office [ largely on gender] on whether i was rude or not.
    She still does not speak to me and she is heavier now.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Should we stop calling people ‘overweight’?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18262887

yunki
    Free Member

‘AVE A SALAAAD!!!

tazzymtb

Should we stop calling people ‘overweight’?

yep, call ’em “land whales” instead and get the Japanese fleet over here on our streets. In true Darwinian style only the fastest fatties get to escape and breed. The rest would end up harpooned on a research vessel or in a chest freezer in iceland as “fishy sticks”

problem solved. 😀

it would make great documentary telly as well with the great hump fronted chav whale breaking about of a crowd in it’s natural feeding grounds of wrights pies with a great blowing and wheezing of air before diving back in to filter feed some more lard. I can see David Attenborough in a reverential and hushed tone narrating it n everything

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I laughed. But then I don’t do PC.

I once got challenged by someone on exactly what gave me the right to tell anyone they were fat, and what criteria was I using? My reply was simple, I’m 16 stone (almost obese on the BMI scale – although apparently no one thinks I’m ‘fat’ because of my build), so anyone larger than me is FAT. Fact.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

There was a show on channel4 tonight, secret eaters or something. Three podgers in a house, all convinced they were eating well within normal ranges and that something mysterious was causing them to put on weight.

The programme makers sent private detectives to spy on them.

One thing I was sure of before the show went any further….the private eyes would not find that they were afflicted by any sort of exercise addiction.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I once got challenged by someone on exactly what gave me the right to tell anyone they were fat, and what criteria was I using? My reply was simple, I’m 16 stone (almost obese on the BMI scale – although apparently no one thinks I’m ‘fat’ because of my build), so anyone larger than me is FAT. Fact.

I’m 15 stone and apply the same principal so button it fatty!

Back to Phil’s original musing (and the survey out today), does anyone else think that actually magazines aren’t portraying a false ideal, but those complaining about them the loudest probably just want to think it’s an unachievable falsehood to justify why they haven’t achieved it. Whilst being size zero probably isn’t healthy, there does seem to be a generation growing up that believes being size 16 is the healthy alternative and that anything less requires a diet of salad and a team of personal trainers only available if you’re Madonna or have a staring roll on Worlds Fattest Fatty UK.

Andy-R

tazzymtb – Member

it would make great documentary telly as well with the great hump fronted chav whale breaking about of a crowd in it’s natural feeding grounds of wrights pies with a great blowing and wheezing of air before diving back in to filter feed some more lard. I can see David Attenborough in a reverential and hushed tone narrating it n everything

I can’t remember when I last laughed so much – brilliant!!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘being nice doesnt help’ is closed to new replies.